1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Vintage Crate CR-60B Head - Solidly built and Clean-sounding!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JanusZarate, Aug 10, 2007.

1. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I don't have a digital camera at the moment, but I'll have some photos of it up this weekend. However, this photo from a recent eBay auction of one of these heads should give you an idea of the condition mine is in:

d325_1.

Mine's the same, except less dusty, and it has a sticker on the top right side.

I started a thread in the Amps forum, and the designer himself replied! It'll give you an idea of the age and specs: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352754

So, yeah. 60W @ 4 Ohms. Not bad for an old solid-state bass head.
    Its tone is very clean; you can get a bit of growl, but it's definitely meant to be a very clean-sounding amp on pretty much any setting.

I tested out everything, including the speaker and preamp outputs, and it all checks out fine. All switches, jacks, and knobs work fine. I'd keep this amp, but I really don't need it.

I'll sell it for $50.00 plus shipping - the lowest price I'd found a similar used one for on the internet.

If you're interested, PM me, and I'll try to figure out a good shipping quote for you!