1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS:Vintage DiMarzio P Bass pickups with split coils

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Roy Smith, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Roy Smith

Roy Smith

Dec 7, 2008
    York, PA
    This is a set of pickups that came in a P bass that I bought in the late 70's. I'm pretty sure they are DiMarzio but not positive - there is no logo or wording on the pickups. At that time, Dimarzio was just starting to come out with replacement pickups for bass, which is why I think they are dimarzio. There are stickers on the bottom of the pickups that say "Patent Applied For".

The switch allows you to get two sounds, one is the typical P-Bass tone, and the other one is thinner, with less midrange, more of a hi-fi sound.

I replaced these in my P bass with the Duncan Quarter Pounder, which is why they are in the Duncan packaging, but these are definitely NOT duncan pickups.

I'll take $15 including USPS shipping for these pickups. Paypal or MO.

dimarz.

2. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I'll take it. PM me with your email and I'll paypal you.

3. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    Dibs if Kitsapbass passes.

4. Steve_nw

Steve_nw Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Seattle, Cascadia
    Wow, looks like Kitsap scored the deal of the day.
    Put me in line too, just in case Kitsap or EH can't scrape together $15.