FS: Vintage Kimberly (Teisco) Short Scale Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lokire, Dec 31, 2005.

1. I've thought about selling this one for a while now, and well...here it is :)

Pictures here:

This was my first bass, and it got me through the first couple years very nicely. After I got my second bass (A DeArmond Pilot Deluxe), I never really played this one anymore. Just kept it on the wall because it looks nice :cool: . From a little research I found that Kimberly is one of the names that Teisco Del Ray used for their exported guitars. I don't really know much else about it.

Well, about a month ago I picked it up again and gave it a real setup. Adjusted the truss and action. The truss rod is completely loosened and it has the perfect amount of relief now (for me anyways). Very low action with no buzz, and it plays really nicely. It measures about a 30.5" scale, and is very lightweight. A little neck heavy though.

It's got a pretty powerful sound (I'll try and get some soundclips up later...). There's volume and tone controls, as well as 2 switches which are on/off for each pickup. I don't know what any of the woods are, though the neck kinda looks like plywood. There's also a bridge cover that has the foam string mute still in it. Some dents around the edges and the usual scuffs and light scratches in various places. If you want any more detailed pics or descriptions let me know.

There's also a hard shell case. It's a pretty snug fit for the bass though you can tell it wasn't made for this bass. The interior looks fine but the exterior has seen better days. The plastic/tolex kind of material has started to peel and curl up around the edges and the locking middle latch is gone. Kinda gives it a funky vibe though :cool:

So let's start at $150 + Shipping.

2. Ok, here's the soundclip. Recorded direct with no EQ or effects:

http://www.artistcollaboration.com/users/loki/Kimberly Soundclip.mp3

Starts off with Bridge pickup only (full tone) - then goes to neck pickup only (full tone) - then both pickups together (full tone) - then I roll the tone all the way down and play just the bridge pickup again - then just the neck pickup with the tone all the way down - and then both pickups with the tone all the way down.

That should give you a good idea of how it sounds :)

Happy New Years!!!
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

4. And SOLD!!!

That was quick :)
  5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member