1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: VINTAGE MESA BOOGIE BUSTER 15" COMBO-all tube

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by kevbassman, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOLD TO THE DUDE77MD!

THANKS BRENT!

VINTAGE Mesa Boogie Buster 200 w 1X15 Combo w/ horn

I'm putting a feeling out on my Boogie. Best combo amp I've ever owned. Why am I selling? Simply downsizing, & back problems.
    Great shape / Re-tubed in the last year. Purchased the re-tube kit from Bob @ Eurotubes. The amp sounds even better than the Mesa tubes. Less than 15 hours on tubes. Amp 's last gig was at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame show my band performed in May 2006.

Would prefer local pick-up...this bad boy is heavy. Includes custom made cover which is a little beat up on the bottom.
    Will post pictures over the weekend. The 200 w combo 1 X 15 Electro-Voice speaker combo has been out of production for over ten years. A truly vintage piece of gear.

Per Mesa Boogie web-site:

Meet Buster!
    ...the newest addition to the Mesa Boogie family, and here to reshape the way Bassists think about Tone. Far beyond power and portability, Buster forges a new realm of definition and clarity, where electric bass steps forward....into the commanding role as timekeeper. Instantaneous attack created in the all-tube pre-amp is fed to an ultra-dynamic, super fast tube driver...then on to the all-new 200 watt (6 x 6L6) powerplant that propels the sound with shocking speed and accuracy. Take the dare, put your favorite solid state bass amp up next to Buster......let the passion of an all-tube sermon on the fundamentals baptize you into a deeper appreciation for what bass tone can be.

Features :
    200 Watts, All Tube, Class A/B Power / 6x6L6-427, 3x12AX7

Assignable 7 Band Graphic EQ

Parallel FX Loop w/Mix Level Control

600 Ohm XLR Balanced Out

2. STOCK PHOTO FROM MESA, PLUS ADDITIONAL INFO.

1X15 Combo
    . Original EVM 15L Speaker
    . Black Twisted-Jute Grill
    . HF Driver
    . Tone Luggage Transport System (for matching extension cab, see 1x15 Buster listed under Bass Cabs)

3. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Do you know the weight?

4. Dang.

5. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    "Let the passion of an all-tube sermon on the fundamentals baptize you into a deeper appreciation for what bass tone can be."

I think I've found my new signature.

6. Amen to that brother :)

7. All PM's responded to.
    For sale only, no trades please.

Will post pictures over the weekend. I will trade to get the weight of the cab over the weekend also.

8. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I used to own one...

...it weighs exactly

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

But I guess that's what GOD-TONE weighs!!!

:D

PS... seriously, it weighed in around 90 lbs or so!

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Vintage?

10. I'VE SEEN THIS OUT OF PRODUCTION CAB ADVERTISED AS VINTAGE ON OTHER SITES THAT SELL OLD GEAR! :D

Me, I'm just old!

And yes the weight is.......

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! ;)

11. More photos

12. Please send me a PM and / or your e-mail for more photos. I'm having a hard time posting on TB for some reason.

13. Yah gotta humor me and give me weight on this combo?

14. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    Wow! The busters sure don't show up anymore. Amazingly loud combo. This beast would compete against a guitarist using 8x12's. Bump for a classic amp! :bassist:

15. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I had a 2x10 Buster combo and it weighed just over 90 lbs (IIRC).

16. You have a PM from a very interested bloke...

17. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Yes, they're heavy, but they sound fantastic. Best sounding new tube amp I've ever played through.

18. All PM's responded to.

I believe the wieght to be around 90 lbs. It was as heavy as my Bergantino HT322.
    Threre is a handle & casters that help wheel this around.

I also agree, I've owned the Mesa Boogie 400 & 400+. The Buster rates up there.

The only resaon I'm selling is due to back & knee problems. So when I say I'm downsizing, it's really a weight issue.

Again, no trades please. This is for sale only.

19. Somebody's getting a sweet new combo!!! Woo-hoo!:bassist:

20. Holy Sh*t! Talk about tone versus disc compression.:eek:

Tempting though.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.