1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Vintage Musitronics Mu-Tron III Mutron Envelope Filter Pedal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by markjazzbassist, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I've got a Musitronics Mu-tron for sale (it's on ebay as well). It's working and sound great. Couple things, the jacks were switched so input and output are now just like modern pedals and this works better for pedalboard flow. Also the previous owner had the operation switched from the switch turning the effect on and off, to the rocker switch doing so. Also it's missing the back screw and one knob is non-original. Other than that it sounds like all the 4 other Mutrons I've owned, nice and quacky. No power supply (takes 2 9V batteries), but this would be a nice unit to send to Richard at L sound to get pimped out.

Also this is an earlier model (has power input but no AC cord like the ARP's) and has the more desireable tone. Trust me i've owned just about ever filter out there and tons of Mutrons (L sound modded and not), and this one sounds great.

$300 shipped in the US

thanks,

mark

2. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Killer price!

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH