1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Vintage Traynor TS-200 head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Saetia, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    This is a vintage 70's TS-200 head. This head is 200 watts @ 4ohms and is extreamly loud. Dual inputs (one normal and one boost) the boost channel seems to add more gain and natural overdrive that is reactive to pick dynamics (run both inputs and it gets thick). The amp has gain, mid, bass, and treble controls as well as a 4 band rotary EQ section that augment the 400, 800, 1600 and 3200k frequencies, there is also a master volume. This amp also has a built in circuit breaker instead of a fuse which is amazing and keeps you from having to buy and change fuses. This amp also has a built in 8" speaker that can be used while running no load on the amp and can be used as a practice amp. Dual outputs on the back panel, one keeps the internal speaker on and the other bypasses the internal speaker. Rear pannel also has a line out for running into the board or another amps input. The only problem with this head (which isn't really a problem) is that a previous owner (not Tom) had severed the cord and and rewired a new one to the severed end and electrical taped it. I never got around to wiring in a new cord but it would only take about 20 minutes once the housing is removed from the amp.

I'm looking at upgrading more to my bass set up and this unfortunately has to go.

The amp works fine, and sounds great.

I bought this from Tom Bowlus a few months back, so maybe he'll chime in a vouch for it.

I still have the box and packing materials that it came in to me from Tom.

I'd like to get what I payed for it which is $200 plus shipping from 53523 I have it on craigslist for $300 but want to give TB members what I got if for.

Thanks for taking a look

Peace

-Benny

2. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I'll take pics tonight or tomorrow morning.

Peace

-Benny

3. Pic's... :confused:

Peace,

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

I can take more pics if you want, just took those quick. Still learning the new digi. I can always break out my old digi as well.

Let me know

Peace

-Benny

5. Andy_colassal

Andy_colassal

Nov 21, 2006
    Regina, SK
    if i had the cash i would, i want a vintage traynor so bad

6. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Do you know the weight?? Best guess?

7. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I believe when it shipped to me the shipping weight was about 40lbs?

Peace

-Benny

8. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I know what you mean, since I got this one and the matching cab I also picked up a vintage Traynor 215 and TS-120b (I never knew 140 watts could so darn loud!)

9. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

PM sent !!
    :cool:

10. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    PM's replied

11. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Heres and excerpt from the Yorkville PDF on Traynor History.

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Chiming in and vouching. :D

Bump for a cool head and a great seller. :cool:

13. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    LOL, Thanks Tom!

14. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Bumpity.

I've had a few interested but nothing soild or at least haven't gotten back to me yet. Also recieved a trade offer, not really looking for trades. I'll still entertain them though.

Thanks

peace

-Benny

15. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Hey guys, don't want to clutter up the boards with bumps and such, but this thing really needs to go.

Thanks

Peace

-Benny

16. Andy_colassal

Andy_colassal

Nov 21, 2006
    Regina, SK
    could i see a more zoomed-out pic of the front? and weight

17. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I'll will be able to get you some zoomed out pics later today. I didn't have enough room to back up enough. I'll move some stuff around and see what I can do.

Thanks

Peace

-Benny

18. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Bump with zoomed out front pic. If I remember correctly shipping weight when I recieved it was 45lbs.

Thanks

TraynorTS-200zoomedout.jpg

Peace
    -Benny

19. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Bumpity, really need to move this head. Have investments to make, and rule of thumb, I don't buy if I don't have the money and if I can get it by selling someting I don't use often, then I do.

Anybody?

Peace

-Benny

20. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Bump

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.