1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Waaaaay pre-Fender SWR BigFoot 2x12 cabinet. Cheap!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by dcr, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Greetings TBers!

Picked this up a while back and have replaced the OEM Bag Ends with Eminence NEOs. One of the Bag Ends has a split cone, so I decided to replace the pair in the cab rather than recone it at this point.

Cab is in really good shape, considering it's age. S/N on the cab is: 0056. That's gotta be old!

4 ohms, even after I replaced the speakers. Will have to check on the power handling of the NEOs, but I think it's about 250W per, so figure it's at least a 400W cab or better. Sounds great and gets plenty loud. I've never gigged with it, but have used it extensively for rehearsals. No problems cutting thru a loud drummer, two screaming guits, and a Hammond with a heavy left hand.

Pop-out casters installed, and they are very tight in the sockets.

I'll sell for $225 plus shipping. If you're not in a hurry, I'll have the Bag End reconed and drop them back in for, say, $250 plus ship. With the old damaged BagEnd installed, say $175 plus ship.

Pix up tomorrow....camera is already loaded for tonight's show.

dcr

2. bthrem

bthrem

Dec 4, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    PM sent!

3. I need to see some pic's of this even if bthrem buys it... interested but I need some pic's and details on those speakers. And I would guess this cab does not have a horn correct... any idea on the weight as well?

Peace,

4. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    subscribed for photos. :)

5. frootbooty

frootbooty Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Las Vegas
    I used to have an SWR bigfoot. It's a nice cab. I believe it has a small Le Son tweeter in it, the same as in some of the workingman's stuff

6. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Bob (bthrem) is first in line. It's a karma thing -- I owe him one from a deal a while back.

After that, I'll have to check PMs and posts to figure out the order.

Pix up this afternoon, regardless.

dcr

7. Well I checked your webshots profile... I guess you haven't gotten the chance to upload the pic's yet. :crying:

:D

Peace,

8. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    I have the exact cab with the same drivers,and it's a great sounding combination.Pretty lightweight too.

9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Okay, so here's a couple. I'll post the rest to my webshots account, then post a link when I'm done.

dcr

10. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

And a couple more:

dcr

11. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

12. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

My #1 buyer is out...so I'm going down the list. PM sent to #2.

dcr

13. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    gettin' in line...

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

SOLD pending payment from frootbooty.

Thanks for the interest guys!

dcr