1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Warmoth fretless P-bass body and neck with Bart J-pickups.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mojojim, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Solid Rosewood neck w/ ebony board - gorgeous piece of ebony. Super fast neck. Stunning one piece koa body.
    BML tuners, Hipshot B-style bridge (two small marks on bridge)
    ebony board barely has any lines from strings - the lines are greatly exagerated by the flash - essentially this bass is in showroom condition. No songs or time for fretless.

Note that one piece koa bodies are no longer available from Warmoth, and the rosewood neck is sweet. It isn't even broken in fully. My PJ bass has been played enough that it plays by itself - sliiiiiiiiiiddddde. Rosewood is sweet.

Weight: 9.0 lbs

Price: [DEL]$675 [/DEL] [DEL]$665 [/DEL] [DEL]$650 [/DEL] [DEL]$625 [/DEL] $600 shipped CONUS in an SKB case.

Photos of this bass and others at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107318156379808570526/BassGuitars#

Please no trades - I have too many basses.

2. Gorgeous. That PJ is a stunner, too!

3. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Thanks - they are very beautiful. I originally had the PJ up for sale, but my heart couldn't take it. It's been my baby for too long.

4. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Hopefully my '81 Ibanez sells so I have some cash to put towards getting this beauty.

5. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Cool. I hope so too! :)

6. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Any sound clips by chance? That's a different but cool combination of woods.
    I'd seriously l would like to hear it before I would pull the trigger.
    I myself do not really go for the big warm pseudo upright sound. More like Pino and or a bit of Jaco really.

7. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    It does have a warm sound with the front pick-up and a lot of mwah. Also, it has been wired in a fashion recommended by the Luthier, Rick Turner, in Bassplayer. It sounds great. The rear pickup does get the Jaco vibe. She's sweet - she does have a more complex sound due to the woods.

Since my recording equipment consists of an old Roland 16 track, it isn't easy for me to dump recordings to the web. Maybe next weekend I'll see what I can do.

8. It has Bartolini pickups yes? Does it have a preamp? Does it balance well on a strap?

9. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Whoops. I haven't checked here for a couple of days.

Bartolini J-pickups - passive, no Bart preamp. (Please refer to the pictures of the bass.)

It balances like every other P-bass/J-bass I've used - it has some neck dive. Not drastic, but everyone would say it has some neck dive. If I keep the bass, I will be changing out the heavy BML tuners (98 gms.) to ultralights (51 gms.).

10. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    OUCH - I guess I'll try one last price drop before going to the 'bay.

$600 for this beauty - showroom condition since it does have a couple of marks - shipped in an SKB case. The case is in new condition, too. Note that shipping will be close to, if not over, $50. So, you are getting the bass for less than $500.

11. MarkA

MarkA I believe in countermelody. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    PM.

12. Oh my that is beautiful.

13. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    A bump and a thank you - yes, it is quite beautiful. :)

14. Just put my Hohner Pro fretless for sale for $350 and as soon as it sells I will step up to this one, at least thats the plan it everything works out. Here's crossing fingers...

15. Also listed Trace Elliot rig and upright bass. Something has got to sell so I can get this bass!!!!!!

16. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    bump

17. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    bump

18. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    On hold for Dano!