1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Warwick Bleached Blonde 2003 LTD Edition Thumb Bass 4-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 77jazzbass, Aug 17, 2012.

1. 77jazzbass

77jazzbass Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    For sale, my Warwick 2003 Limited Edition (3/226) 4-string Thumb Bolt-on Bass. Super light-weight at 8 lbs. (according to my bathroom scale). I LOVE this bass - the sound is incredible! I really hate to sell it, but going through some rough times right now and need to thin out the herd. The bass is in great condition, and is a real pleasure to play. There's buckle rash on the back (see pics), but it doesn't affect sound or playability. There's also a tiny dent on the headstock by the D-string tuner. Fresh set-up with new .45-.105 DR Lo Riders (nickel).

Comes with:

- Warwick RockBag Soft Shell Case. Case has wear - it's tearing on one of the corners, only on the exterior shell, but still does it's job.
    - Owner Manual
    - Tool Bag
    - Truss rod wrench
    - Warwick Security Strap Lock (I didn't use these)
    - Jim Dunlop Straploks
    - Warwick Surface Finisher

Price Drop: $1,150.00 [DEL]$1,250.00[/DEL], which includes shipping to CONUS ONLY. No trades please, as I need to pay my rent next month!

Pics here: http://photobucket.com/77jazzbass-warwickbb

2. 77jazzbass

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Bump

3. 77jazzbass

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    no love? if there are no additional offers on this by the end of the week, it may have to go on greedbay.

4. This is a killer bass! I have one just like it, but with black hardware. At this price you cannot go wrong. If I had the extra cash, I'd buy this one too! That's how great they are. Seriously great bass.

5. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Beautiful axe! Wish i had the funds!

6. 77jazzbass

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    any more offers?

7. dave2

dave2

Feb 10, 2007
    Texas
    I do love the Warwick Thumb basses and own two. That one is very very nice. What woods did Warwick use in making this?

Best wishes with the sale.

Dave

8. 77jazzbass

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks. The body is American Swamp Ash, with a flamed maple top with a satin oil finish, flamed maple neck and fretboard. Headstock is flamed maple veneer. Only 350 of these were built.

9. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Bump for a beautiful bass. I LOVE the bleached and dirty blonde basses. They both have such character. One says clean cut and classy and the other says not affraid to get into some dirt!

10. Bump for the best bass I have ever played! (well, not this one, but one like it) :) Someone needs to buy this!

11. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    How do these sound relative to the typical ovangkol, b bubinga, wenge Thumbs?

12. To me it sounds smoother. That's the first word that comes to mind.

I was hesitant when I bought mine, because I thought it would sound too bright, but it's not :) For me, it is the reason I stopped looking for another bass. It simply has the sound I have had in my mind all these years.

13. 77jazzbass

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Sold.