1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Warwick FNA Jazzman 5-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Envincibal, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This Warwick was purchased as a project for myself, but I didn’t get to do the whole thing by myself (had a friend help out)… here’s what I can tell you about this one:
    Replaced the original nut with Just-A-Nut III
    Here is the info from Warwick’s site based on the serial#
    Serial No.: D-099069-03
    Article Code: 1325370500GDAFMOWW
    produced: 24/04/2003
    Info:
    Corvette FNA, 5-string
    Honey Violin Oil finish
    Swamp Ash / A Flamed Maple top body
    Ovangkol neck
    Gold hardware

The body had been sanded down (tons of buckle rash) and then stained black. Multiple clear coats were applied (semi-gloss), but I didn’t like the semi-gloss look on the front of the bass, so I asked my friend to remove the semi-gloss on the front and go with a more subdued look (I believe its satin), which I like a lot more.

The finish is not perfect, so please ask any questions you may have (I tried to capture as many angles as I could in the pictures).

I believe the J pickup in the neck is a single coil. The MM in the bridge position has a 3- position toggle switch (I’m guessing its for coil splitting - it definetly works) – here’s some additional info I found on the Warwick site (I honestly don't know if these specs apply to this bass):
    • US Swamp Ash body with AA-Flamed Maple top
    • Ovangkol neck
    • Wenge fingerboard
    • Scale length: 34" (long scale)
    • 24 frets
    • Passive MEC J/MM pickups with open pole pieces
    • Active MEC 3-way electronics

Warwick Basses Amps & Rock'n Roll

$1,050 for the bass only shipped CONUSA/UPS insured (paypal accepted) - I'll entertain trades as well (5-string fretted only), though my wife will not (lets keep that on the DL)
    Add $50 for a double gigbag from gator (fair - good condition: Gator G-SLNG-DLX-2XBS Deluxe Slinger Bass Gig Bag for 2 Basses: Shop Accessories & Other Musical Instruments | Musician's Friend)
    OR
    Add $125 for a touring case (rockcase by warwick: fair condition on the outside, very good on the inside).

thanks,
    Jon

Attached Files:

2. under different light angles...

Attached Files:

3. back

Attached Files:

4. front pics

Attached Files:

5. up

6. lord mumbles

lord mumbles

Jan 4, 2012
    I just want to know if it is still available. I want to buy it off you but I wont have the money till I get my income tax check. I live in Pottsville PA. Home of yuengling beer. Haha! I might be able to even take a drive down to your place to check it out/ buy it. If you still have it and find a buyer in the mean time by all means take it. I'm just letting you know if you still have it by the beginning of next month at the latest I'll buy it.

7. All PM's anwered

8. Top

9. aguacateojos

aguacateojos Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Man, that thing is so fine... if I didn't already have one it would be mine.

10. PM's answered... edited original post to consider trades (would def prefer trade + cash on your end).

11. Sale pending...

12. Sold and on its way to Florida... where I wish I was going as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.