FS: Warwick Fretless Corvette (special to me at least)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by unatratnag, Feb 28, 2006.

1. My beloved Warwick Fretless Vette and I have come to that point in our relationship for us to part :crying: . Hopefully a fellow TBer here can pick her up and continue to take good care of her.

It's the usualy vette stats (nothing fancy here):
    2001 Corvette
    Passive J/J MEC electronic pickup config
    34" scale
    Has the usual 19mm string spacing but the bridge is adjustable to meet your fancy as to those requirements....
    Fresh battery :cool:
    Please see warwick site for more specifics.

I'm sure everyone says this about their bass but honestly there's something special about this corvette and it sounds a little more full and has a clearer tone than most Vettes I've played. You can see in the pictures below it has an unusually more red body than other vettes and it meshes well with the darker ovangkal neck. The ovangkal neck even has some nice lines going down it you can see in the bottom picture below. Matches well with the beautiful graining almost as if it were multilaminated down the body as well as neck in the back and in the front (see pictures below). I'm not a good photographer so these photos are the best I could do, but I'm sure you can see it looks much different from the vette's I'm used to seeing at least *shrug*. I'm more than happy to meet any of you for the trade-off and you can see for yourself!

For condition it's in great condition. Has no dings and no belt rash in the back (i have a magical belly the protects my basses i guess). I took excellent care of it and stored it in cases during high humidty seasons on top of having a dehumidifier for my room. Waxed very well and whenever needed with the Warwick beeswax. I have some wax left over and even some cloth for you if you want as well. For the body it looks a little lighter in color under by the E string between pickup and neck but it may just be the wood, i'm not sure. I don't ever put my finger there so I doubt it's me but I should mention it. I could not get it to show up well in the pics. For the fingerboard there is some shadowing going on since I use roundwounds exclusively. I tried to show that in the pic the best I can but it's not bad and for a 5 year old bass it really hasn't changed much in terms of condition of the neck wear. Please feel free to check it out again in person as stated earlier if you want to do a local pickup. I travel the midwest and can even try and schedule shows in your area so just let me know! Oh... and of course the pics!!!

Local pickups are preferred, i'm not a big fan of sending these through mail. I'm figuring $SOLD for her would be good. Hit me up with a PM or any questions you may have! Oh also, I have a high quality warwick gig bag (the one that came with my 2004 LTD) that you may be interested in as well. It has more pockets than a golf bag. Cheers.

2. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
    Love the fretless vettes. If only it were lined and a 6 string. :)

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Hmm, two beautiful Corvettes on the same forum page! I really dig this one, if it had black hardware I'd already be there.
  4. Jackkoon

Jackkoon Banned

Feb 22, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    So is it 600 or 600 + Shipping?

Me likes corvettes O.O
  5. Haha, then you'll LOVE this one ;) It's 600 + shipping (I'd still REALLY like local just because i hate shipping basses, i'm old fashioned). Feel free to add whatever color hardware you want after purchasing it too ;)

I should have done this earlier but here's some sound clips to listen too. These are recorded direct so you loose a lot of warmth .... but it will sound even better with mixing a cab or so, but this will give a good idea of how this bass sounds even with direct input (sorry about the clipping on clip 2, i'm not good with technology =( )

What's funny is when I listened to the clips and went to upload them, I "accidentally" called them improvE by freudian slip rather than improv :eyebrow: but all technique aside, sorry for being rusty, maybe if no one buys this i'll bone up over the next few weeks to do a little better.
    Click here to watch Improve-1

Click here to watch Improve-2
  6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This is a real beauty!:)
  7. PMs returned. Lots of nibbles but no official bites yet.
  8. This bass is on hizold! awaiting payment. :) thanks to anyone's interest

9. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    I bought one of these a little over a month ago and can say that it is an awesome bass. A nice woody sound and it deffinitely has punch. Back off on the neck pickup and you get some really nice mwah. Whoever buys this won't be disappointed.