Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Warwick Streamer 5 Standard Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by panic_striken, Feb 11, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I have come to realize that I am not a fretless player. So, this one has gotta go. It has a maple body w/ transparent deep green finish, wenge neck, and ebony fingerboard. The pups are 2 MEC soapbars with two volumes and a tone. There are no issues with the body it is in great shape. The low B is not floppy and has that classic Warwick bottom end. Anyways, I will get pics up tommorrow sometime. As far as trades I am interested in Laklands, but all 5'ers will be considered.............other than that $600 shipped.

2. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Does this beast have lines?

Thanks. . .

3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Nope, she's completely bare. This was my first, but by no means my last fretless, and I had NO problems whatsoever getting use to it. Don't fear the unlined fretless!!!!!! Oh, I forgot this will come with a deluxe rockbag that's really padded.

4. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
  5. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I'll get them up tonight. I'm at the in-laws right now.

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Good looking bass. PM sent. How is the fingerboard? Do you use roundwounds?

7. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I normal use DR rounds, and the fretboard is in great shape. I can't even feel/see grooves where the strings are. Like I said I'm not a fretless player so this really doesn't see much action. I play hard rock and it just doesn't fit our songs so I am looking for a change.

8. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
  9. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    anyone...........trades?????????

10. This bass confuses me, is it a "Rock Bass" or "Warwick". Its got a Warwick neck, a rock bass bridge and a body thats neither. As in tone knobs are right, but regualr warwicks dont plug in on the top. Whats up?

11. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Do some research, the Streamer standard is the lower line of warwicks (even lower than the Corvette STD) they come with a cheap bridge not a 2 piece bridge and they're made in Germany not Korea (like the Rockbass) $600 is a ok price for a Streamer STD.

12. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    The bridge is anything but cheap. It is not the two piece, but this thing is a hunk of metal:)

13. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

You're right, I meant cheap compared with the 2 piece bridges.
    Good luck ;)

14. I believe the bodies on theses basses are/were carolena(I never heard of it before, either), not maple. Nice bass, though. The wenge neck is the key factor in Warwick quality, IMO/IME- although I imagine some of the maple-necked new ones(Corvette double-buck)could be decent.

15. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    bump.......make me a $$$ offer

16. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    all PM's replied.........anyone else on a cash offer???