Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS: Warwick Streamer Stage II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lokire, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, I'm selling another bass...*sigh*

After a good run of bass trading (it has been fun :) ), I've decided to just bite the bullet and get a custom built for me, to my specs :D

So that means the Warwick is going to be sold to fund it. There's certainly nothing bad about this bass, and it sounds awesome. For me, the narrower string spacing is the only downside.

Condition is great. There's a small wear mark above the neck pickup and a little ding in front of the neck pickup (under the D string). Some wear on the edge of the fingerboard too (someone must have been a heavy slapper). And a crack in the finish on the back of the neck, behind the nut (your hand doesn't quite run over it in the 1st position)

Plays GREAT. Super low action w/no buzz (the smoothest neck I've ever felt too :eek: ). Strung with a slightly 'mellowed' set of DR Hi-Beams right now. Sounds awesome too. If you listen to Dave Matthews Band stuff from "Before These Crowded Streets" - it's basically that tone :cool: I'll try and round up some soundclips tommorrow. I've got some DMB, Jamiroquai, and Incubus clips with this bass.

Pictures here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v106/JasonFan/Warwick Streamer Stage II/

I'm gonna ask $2000 shipped to the US, and no trades on this one. PM or E-mail me if you're interested or have any questions :bassist:

2. Already??!! There must be a disturbance in THE FORCE.:ninja:

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Man....
    I heard the clips of this bass and can't believe you're getting rid of it. Are you selling it to acquire the older Streamer?

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I can vouch for this bass, and it is amazing. I took it out on the Kottonmouth Kings tour, and compliments from EVERY soundman. The only reason why I don't still own it, is because I had a chance to get the "Holy Grail"! Streamer Stage 1 5 w/ Basslines! :bassist:

5. Thanks, though you're not making letting go of it any easier :p

I'm really only selling to fund a custom of my own (from Chris Stambaugh :) ). I can always get another SSII (or maybe a stage I next time) sometime down the road if I end up really missing it - but currently I've been hit with the inspiration to get my first custom made :D

6. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Nice playing, cool bass!

7. BassNoob?

BassNoob?

Sep 18, 2005
    Redding, CT
    Clean sounds great!!! If only I had that kind of money. :meh:

8. why are u doing this to me!?!

BUMP!
    for my dream bass

9. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    wow, very sweet bass.

10. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    BUMP for one of my favorite basses of all time and for some killer sound clips! I never knew there was so much involved with Incubus' "Clean".... I miss Dirk!!

11. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I can also vouch for this awesome bass. I played it at some 311 cover gigs that I used to play and then off to WOODCHUCK it went!! Great Bass!

12. $1950 Shipped...;)

13. Or, make me a reasonable offer and I'll consider...:ninja:

14. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:bawl:

15. JBass1

JBass1

Dec 6, 2005
    NYC
    thats my dream bass :crying:

trade for a thumb NT??????????????

also..what year is it?

16. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Sorry fellahs ... she's mine! :hyper:

17. Yep, she's gone....going to a good home though ;)

I'll be putting down the deposit for my Stambaugh custom today :D

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Bro, you've got a winner. If she had a wider fingerboard, she'd still be in my loving arms. This bass has one helluva sound!

19. That was the shortest straw for me. If it had a 19mm string spacing at the bridge, I would have had a really hard time letting go of her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.