Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Warwick Thumb 5 Bolt-on

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by NCorder, Feb 21, 2005.

1. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    I've recently fallen in love with a Stingray 5, but the wife says I hafta let 1 bass go, so up for sale is my beloved '01 Warwick Thumb 5.
    The Thumb: Sounds great, plays great, looks great! No issues whatsoever. Ovangkol body & neck w/Wenge fretboard. I religiously wax it every 2 weeks, and don't gig with it in fear of scratching it or getting it stolen, so it stays at home. I received it as a gift 2 years ago, though it was barely used when I took posession, so I'm guessing I'm the 2nd owner. Comes with original hardshell case (not a gigbag), original truss-rod tool, and can of Warwick wax (1/2 used up) and black schaller straplocks. I'm asking $1200 obo. If your in the Dayton, Ohio area, your welcome to check her out in person. See attached low-rez pics below. I also have much nicer Hi-Rez pictures I can email to you if interested. Just PM or email me.

I had originally posted an ad in the Wanted section for a straight-up trade. I'm gassing for a fretted SR5 in Honeyburst w/white pickguard & pickup. I'd like a maple fretboard, but I'd probably settle for a rosewood if I have to. I don't care much for matching/painted headstocks. Even though I'm lusting for a SR5, I may consider other 5 stringers.

!!!Sold!!!

2. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    :D

Attached Files:

3. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    :D

4. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Since there aren't too many SR5 owners willing to trade, I thought I'd post a few other items that are causing gas pains that I might consider in trade or partial trade:
    Alembic Epic 5 string or similar
    Ken Smith (KSD) v70j Proto-j 5 string
    Pedulla Thunderbolt 5
    Sadowski Tokyo jazz
    Tobias 5 string (not a musicyo Toby... I already have 2 of those)
    ...or just toss me an idea of what ya got!

5. Basssy

Basssy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Sent you a pm.

6. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    PM replied to. Thanks!

7. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Deal fell thru with the potential buyer, so she's no longer on hold. Show me your trade bait, and let's make a deal!

8. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Thats right! I've decided to sweeten the pot a bit and throw in FREE SHIPPING to anywhere in the Continential US. Or, if you have a trade I'm willing to take, I'll pay shipping on both basses! :hyper:

9. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Sent PM, please reply via email.

10. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    PM replied to via email.

11. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Sent PM and email, email me back.

12. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Ten four. :)

13. nastyn8c

nastyn8c

Feb 7, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    Nice pics - thanks

14. 11Bravo

11Bravo In That Pocket

Feb 4, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Take my sr5!!!!! :)
    you know you want it!!!!!!!! :hyper:

15. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    You got sound clips?

16. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Hey CG,
    I don't have any soundsclips of my particular Thumb Bass, but you can click here to listen to someone elses Thumb. That clip pretty much nails the Thumb sound, IMO. PM me your email address if you'd like me see hi-rez pictures.

Hey, what part of Ohio are ya from?

17. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    You can email additional pipcs to cgworkman[at]gmail.com.

I'm from Mansfield. About 70 miles up interstate 71 north from Columbus.

18. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Pictures sent! :D

19. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Once again I'm up for sale or trade inquiries.
    Due to being strung along by 3 wannabee's so far, I will not put the bass on hold for anyone without at least a cash deposit. Otherwise its 1st come 1st serve.

20. NCorder

Dec 26, 2002
    Dayton, OH
    Now, I know there has to be someone who would love to trade their boring, domesticated MM for a young, exotic, all natural, dark-skinned, european vixen. :D

Did I mention that she's the kind of girl that likes to be slapped around a little now and then, yet still loves rock n' roll?

...yeah, she's naughty.