1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Warwick Thumb BO 5-string - Awesome Bass!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ynot12, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Warwick Thumb BO 5-string
    Natural Oil
    MEC active J/J with passive option
    Fretted Wenge fingerboard
    Ovangkol body and neck
    Newish DR Hi Beams
    Shipped with original Rockbag and User kit, manual, truss tool, Warwick wax.

Excellent condition. Asking $1,200 CONUS. I'll split shipping costs with the buyer. Paypal is preferred.

This bass was purchased from a studio musician who only used it on one song and then kept it in an instrument locker. It was like new when I bought it and it's been in my house since. Never outside. I take excellent care of my instruments as you will see in the pictures. The only thing wrong with it is a little white plastic washer is missing from the B-string tuner. You won't even notice as it works fine without it. All original parts.

Plays like butter. Extremely fast and comfortable for a 5-string. String spacing is slightly adjustable at the bridge. It's set-up right around 17mm at present. This bass flat out rocks! :bassist:

If you are looking for a sweet Thumb 5, look no further.

I'm not really looking for trades unless its a Spector that captures my interest or the right Fender MIA P Bass with the right amount of cash. PM me with any offers.

It weighs 9.5 on the bathroom scale. It's not bad at all.

Thanks!
    Untitled-13.
    Untitled-12.
    Untitled-11.
    Untitled-10.
    Untitled-8.
    Untitled-9.

2. Joe Milstein

Joe Milstein Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 7, 2007
    Central New Jersey
    Gamma Bass Guitars
    WOW! Bump for one of the nicest Thumbs I've ever seen! Huge fan! Geat Deal Awesome TBer. Hot!!!!

3. smadder

smadder

Nov 13, 2004
    Awesome bass in immaculate condition.

Great TB'er too. Tony is fantastic to deal with and provides excellent communication the entire transaction and afterwards. Great guy to do business with.

4. Gabriel51

Gabriel51

Sep 30, 2008
    Texas
    Looks just like the one I had, nice!

5. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Thanks guys. One other cool thing about this bass is the Ovangkol on this Wick is iridescent. Under the right lights the wood grain glows really cool yellowish green colors. You can kind of see the checkerboarding pattern in the pics, but in real life it can throw off different colors from different angles. Hard to explain, but super cool.

6. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    great looking bass tony. as addicted to spectors as I am, I will always have a soft spot for Warwick thumbs and dolphins. wish I could make it happen but free bump.

7. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Yeah, Warwicks are great basses. I've played them for many years.

Looks like I have a PM with buying interest. Maybe this won't last too long.

8. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Lot's of PMs and a serious deal brewing!

9. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Sold. On its way to rock Pennsylvania! :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.