Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Washburn Taurus T24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dave120, Feb 25, 2006.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Well as much as I hate to sell this beautiful bass, I need the money more than I need the bass.

This bass has a mahogany body, neck through with what looks like a 5 piece, and Grover tuners. It's about a year old and I bought it when the price was still over $400 (and IMHO construction on this line was better than it is now with the cheaper price). Bass is in over all 9/10 condition and has no major (and really not even any visible) flaws besides maybe a pinhead sized scrape in the finish on the back, that I had to look for several times before I actually found it. And also it has one spot on the lower cutaway on the bottom of the neck that looks like the stain missed it. I hadn't even noticed it in a year until I just looked it over to make sure I can represent it as truthfully as possible. The bass hasn't been played much lately and has just been sitting at my dad's house for the last 6 months.

It's been a great bass for me but it's time to find it a new home. It gives you a sweet boutique look with a great price and solid construction in Vietnam that Washburn has won awards for with this bass a year or two ago.

PM me with any questions/requests for additional pictures. I'm looking to get maybe $225 out of this bass. They go for over $300 in stores new, I have yet to see a new one that looks better than mine, maybe since mine was made before they dropped the price on them.

[​IMG]

2. do you have anymore pics?

3. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    I do but this bass is now sold, sorry about that.

4. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Previous deal on this bass fell through, so it's available again. PM me if you'd like more info/pics!

5. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    I am looking forward to getting my t24 next week. Can you give me a little feedback on it ? It's pros and cons....what you liked most about it, least about it....what type strings sounded best on it...how is it for funk poping slaping...sustain, action etc etc.....I will be playing thru a crate bx-80 and have a set of Rotosound swing bass 66 roundwound I am throwing on it when I get it. I too heard about the good reviews...but after reading your first post I hope the craftsmanship on it has not gone downhill after reading your first post. :rollno:

:bassist:

6. Charles_A

Charles_A

May 25, 2006
    Is this still availalable, and if so does it come with a case?