1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Yamaha Attitude Limited 3 (LTD3) Sonic Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ubnomnar, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    SOLD

$1350 PayPal shipped ConUSA lower 48.

This Sonic Blue LTD3 is in beautiful condition. It has the finest fit and finish of the eight Yamaha Limited basses that I have owned.

The only flaw to speak of is a tiny depression on the back side of the neck below the centerline so your thumb never feels it.

The bag with the COA and tools is still sealed and the bass will ship inside the original case, inside the original Yamaha shipping box.

See the full size pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/109422...authkey=Gv1sRgCMeatYXC5pfspgE&feat=directlink

2. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
    Gorgeous. I've always lusted after the original Sheehan-sig Yammies from the early '90s. My favorite Precision-type basses.

I've never seen a Series 3 in real life. How are they different from the originals?

3. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    I used to see you on the EVO forums back when I had a track prepped Evo IX with a Moton coil over suspension courtesy of Roadrace Engineering.

I've owned more than one of each generation of Attitude LTD and they are all great basses. I still have three Gen 1 Attitudes from the early 90's.

One of the main differences is that the LTD3 has the most rigid and substantial neck to body joint. The Gen 1 LTD of the early 90's had a wooden neck "stub" that bolted to a machined aluminum plate that then bolted to the body. The LTD2 had a full length wooden neck that was a reduced thickness past the woofer pickup. The LTD3 has the thickest strongest neck and the bolts pull the end-grain into the body creating a super solid joint.

The LTD3 woods are also treated with Yamaha's sonic aging technology.

LTD1
    23-LTD1_IGP6806.

LTD2 compared to LTD3

Yamaha%2520Att%2520LTD2%2520vs%25203%2520neck%2520attach.

4. Sywannab

Sywannab Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Alameda, CA 94501
    Beautiful!
    Does is sound like a p-bass?
    what does the woofer pickup do?

5. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    Trade offer sent

6. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Where in SoCal are you?

7. igor kondur

igor kondur

Jul 28, 2004
    NYC
    Year?

8. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Free bump for a most excellent TB'er. 100% trustworthy in every regard. And a master of bass setups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.