Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Yamaha BB 5 String Bass - Cheap!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Quadzilla, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Hi all :hyper: ,

Got a pretty nice Yamaha BB 5 stringer for sale. Includes a NICE, not junk, gig bag! It's in real great shape (details further below). I took off the plastic volume knobs and replaced them with some REALLY nice chrome knobs (ala P-Bass type). It plays like a dream. Action is nice, NO buzzing, setup REAL nice. It has great tone and is very versatile, nice different sounds from the bridge pickup vs the neck pickup or you can blend em, partial, etc. Also has tone knob.

I just put brand new nickel round wounds on it too!

It has some very fine surface scuffs (nothing below the paint) which is expected of any bass that has been used and a very small ding on the back (hardly noticable) and a small gouge that I started to repair just below the bridge (not real noticable, see pic). I used some high end wood expoxy and it's still slightly raised above the existing wood and ready for sanding and painting.

It's hard to believe that Yamaha can make such a fine instrument at a great price (and mine's wwwway better)! I'm including a BRAND NEW nice (not junk) gig bag!

Check my feedback here and on Ebay (ID is Quadzilla69 : over 77 buy and sell 100% positive). First $225 + $35 shipping gets it!!!!

BB405
    Features the BBNE2 Nathan East style body silhouette.

Nathan East Sculpted Body Design

Solid Alder Body

Maple Neck

Rosewood Fingerboard

24 Frets

Dual Humbucking Pickups

Burgundy Metallic Finish

Click on pics to make them larger!

2. Quadzilla

NICE BRAND NEW gig bag for free

3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Free bump for a nice looking bass. Wish I needed another one (sigh).

dcr

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Check your PMs.

Ray

5. Quadzilla

Wow, that was fast. On hold for Bad_Habit_Bassist. Guess I should have asked more!!! :smug: :p ;)

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    You know, I don't even have a use for it really haha, but I've been GASing for a J-type bass for awhile now, and this should help that. AND he's a killer dude to work with :)

Ray

7. Quadzilla

Thanks guys! :) I just bought a USA G&L L-2500 and need some cash to keep the wife at bay! Anyway, SMASH, you are officially next in line if Bad dis's me, but I doubt that. I've read he is a stand-up guy!

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that gig bag has a very conspicuous defect ... that treble clef.

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    No worries ;). I see a homemade TalkBass patch covering that VERY soon.

Ray

10. Quadzilla

Funny part is it is truly a bass bag (too big for guitar). Maybe that's why I got a good deal on it! :smug:

11. This bass is really worth the money. It's a great bass for a very cheap price! I have a BB404 (the 4-string version) and it's very comfortable to play and has a solid tone.

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Dude, you coming to the FL GTG this saturday? You best say yes, or you're in for some serious hurtin' :smug:

Ray

13. There's a Floriday get-together? How have I missed this? [5 minutes later] Damn, I just found the thread in "Misc." If I didn't have a friend who was coming in tomorrow to stay the weekend (I agreed to this just half an hour ago), I'd be there. It sucks I have to miss Dave LaRue's instructional class and show...not to mention actually getting to hang out with some cool bassists for once!

The next time we have one, I really don't want to miss it. I need to stay on top of these things.

-Nick

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    SMASH, looks like this one's yours man. :(

Ray

15. Quadzilla

Bad, sorry to hear about your work situation. Hope it works out. Anyway, SMASH has first dibbs. If he doesn't bite this eve, it's opened up to all. Thanks! :)

16. phephron

phephron

May 5, 2004
    Smash,
    If you don't want the bass, let me know. I would love to get it. I have been looking for a nice 5 string, as I have always been a 4 string player, and would like to expand my horizons. Thanks.

Paul

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think Yamaha made a big mistake by discontinuing this series. These are awesome basses for an unbelievable price.

18. Quadzilla

I'm waiting to hear back from Phephron. If he does not respond this eve, it's back on the market, SO GET IN LINE NOW! This is first come first thump, errr I mean serv! :smug: :) ;)

19. phephron

phephron

May 5, 2004
    PM Sent.
    I'll take it.

20. Quadzilla

On hold and awaiting payment via mail from Phephron until 3/18. Thanks Paul!