1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Yamaha BB414 in Vintage White

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazz3625tonic, Oct 10, 2009.

1. jazz3625tonic

jazz3625tonic Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    I jus bought a Lakland 5 string from a fellow TB'r and I'm getting a new 2X10 cab so I'm letting go of my Yamaha BB414. I thought I would give my TB Brothers first crack at it before it goes off to that other place.
    First my disclosure.. I bought this bass knowing there was a problem with the nut. As it turned out there was a crack in the "E string" nut slot so I put a drop of super glue on it and gave it a quick spray of super glue activator and presto! fixed, done deal. It plays great and there is no problem with the nut now at all and although I can not guarantee anything I don't beleive that it will be a problem at all. I've been playing it every day and it plays perfect and there in no buzzing at all on the E string. No other issues at all.
    It is used but it is in great shape as you can see from the pictures. I do not have a case or gig bag for it but I have shipped a lot of basses and this will not be a problem. The price is $250.00 shipped and insured in the lower 48 United States.
    And it is strung with a new set of "DR Nickel Wound Low Riders" and on my digital shipping scale it comes right in at 9.3 lbs. This is a nice bass ! :bassist:

2. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Two more pics.

3. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Last one.

4. Jamarvic

Jamarvic

Aug 5, 2009
    pm sent.

5. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    PM replied.

6. Jamarvic

Jamarvic

Aug 5, 2009
    back at ya.

7. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Well, the buyer back out so this is back up at a lower price. It is now $250.00 Shipped in the lower 48 United States. Thanks!

8. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Bumpage.:)

9. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Friday night bump.....

10. Brick Top

Brick Top

Dec 7, 2008
    Michigan
    Awesome bass. I showed my wife this one. and the other BB414 for sale right now that is black. She picked the Black one. So that's the one I got.

This should be a great bass for the money I'm sure.

Cheers,
    BT

11. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    Congrats on your purchase... They are great basses indeed. :)

12. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    I would have gone with the white, that's a beauty!
    Too much GAS, got no cash :(

13. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    Canada
    I just got done taking out the stock capacitor on this bass and dropped in a "Orange Drop" .1mfd tone capacitor and adjusted the pickup height on both pup's and OMG.... this is a whole different bass. The P pickup is very deep and punchy and with both pup's on it just sings. I can't believe I almost sold this! This bass is no longer available for sale. Thread closed.

:bag: