1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Yamaha RBX765A 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by b2afactor, Apr 11, 2010.

1. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    Selling my Yamaha RBX765A bass. It is translucent red and shows off the wood grain beneath the finish very nicely. I have owned this bass since new. It has gigged once and never left the house since. It is a very nice bass, I just like my string spacing closer. Bass plays nice and sounds great with the active pickups. Gold hardware has no pitting and is very shiny. Only thing that has ever been done to this bass is that one of the tuners has been replaced with a Gotoh which is a little darker than the others, but only noticable from the back. Plastic is still on the cover for the pots. $295 shipped with musicians friend gig bag. The bag is a little big since it is a generic Musicians friend bag, but it has never left the house. It has only been used to store the Yamaha.
    Great bass for short money.
    If you decide you want to pick the bass up, we can work out a lower price.

Picture003-1.

Picture002.

Picture001.

Picture004-1.

Picture006-1.

Picture007-1.

Picture008-1.

2. funkboy5

funkboy5 19mm + 35" = :-) Bass'd on a true story Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    That's purty.... and tempting bump. Gettin' the itch. Would love to add some black hardware. Great price

3. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    Still available.

4. Free bump for an absolutely awesome bass for the price! I have the same one in the green flavor.

5. Close to where? =]

Trades?

6. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    Boring Tuesday night bump. The bass is in Mass. BTW

7. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    TTT

8. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    Friday night stuck at work bump. I can't beleieve no one wants this. It's agreat bass for short $.:confused:

9. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    Sunday Mornin' bump

10. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    This man is a truth teller! I have the 4 string version in green and it's indeed awesome!

11. Provbass1

Provbass1 Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2009
    What is the string spacing?

12. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    A few more pics as requested.

Picture003-2.

Picture001-2.

Picture002-1.

13. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    Not sure if I did this right. Using my daughters ruler, it looks like the spacing at the nut is 9mm and as close to the bridge as I could get it looks like 14mm. I measured center to center of the strings.

14. It's way wider than 14. I'm pretty sure it's 18mm @ the bridge.

15. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    Don't forget, this is a 5er, you said yours is a 4. 14mm is what the rurler is telling me

16. b2afactor

b2afactor

May 6, 2008
    You may be right Eric, I just found a reference online that states 19mm. I will check again after work and report back.

17. monzamess

monzamess

Oct 22, 2009
    Middle Georgia
    Just measure from B to G at the saddles and divide by 4; that's what the bridge manufacturers do. It's more accurate than trying to measure between two strings. (should actually measure from middle of B string to middle of G string but good luck with that)

(interested but my budget is in the red; free bump I guess)