1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Yamaha TRBJP2 John Pattitucci 6 string w/ East U Retro & GK3B - AS NEW!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassbuddha, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassbuddha

bassbuddha Gold Supporting Member

2011 Yamaha TRBJP2 John Pattitucci signature 6 string bass in amber with professionally installed East U Retro onboard preamp and Roland GK3B 13 pin synthesizer pickup. Mint, as new condition, with no issues whatsoever. I am the original owner and I am only selling because I now have an F bass BN6 with a GK3B, in addition to some other high end 6 strings with a similar tonal palate. I used this bass with the GR20, GR55 and VB-99 and it tracks quite well. The GK3B is attached with double sided tape and can be removed without any damage to the bass. The addition of the East preamp provides considerable tonal flexibility beyond the sounds typically associated with these basses. When the preamp was installed, I had my tech re-shield the entire cavity. I will include the original Yamaha internal preamp along with the Yamaha hard shell case and all original case candy. Weight is approximately 11 lbs. Here are the specs as I'm aware of them:

• Construction: Bolt-on
    • Scale Length: 35" (889mm)
    • Fingerboard: Ebony
    • Radius: 40" (1000mm)
    • Frets: 26
    • Body: Figured Maple/Ash/Alder/Maple
    • Neck: Maple
    • Bridge: Solid Brass
    • Pickups: Alinco V design dual coil
    • Controls: Volume, Blend, Passive tone (pull: passive), Mid boost & cut/Mid frequency (stacked), Bass boost /Treble boost and cut (stacked) (pull: bright)
    For information on the East U Retro: http://www.east-uk.com/
    For information on the GK3B: http://www.roland.com/products/en/GK-3B/

Price is $2200 shipped and insured, via Fed Ex, to anywhere in the continental US. If the GK3B isn't desired, I'll remove it and discount the bass $100. Shipping to AK, HI, or Canada is a possibility, but please contact me for rates. Sorry, no other foreign transactions. Paypal accepted. I am considering a few trades below and would be willing to do gear + cash either way, but please, nothing else if it's not included on this list. I have more gear than I know what to do with and absolutely have to clear some stuff out.

Fender Custom Shop Vintage Reissue Basses
    Fender American Vintage 57 P Bass
    Hofner Basses (German)
    Alleva Coppolo Basses
    Nash Basses
    Bluesman Vintage Basses
    Musicman Stingray Classic 4/5
    Guild Starfire
    REDDI
    Jule Amps Monique
    Empress Compressor
    Accugroove Tri112 or 110
    Minimoog Voyager
    Moog Minitaur

IMPORTANT NOTE:​

I'll be available to answer any questions and/or ship immediately until 3/14/13 when I'm having some fairly major surgery. As a consequence, it's unlikely that I'll be able to ship or even correspond much from 3/14/13 through 3/28/13 or so, but I'll do my best to respond to any inquiries just as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding.

IMG_3364_zpsee779ce3.

IMG_3365_zpsf5eed321.

IMG_3366_zps6812ada1.

IMG_3367_zpsb8680059.

IMG_3369_zpsed434647.

IMG_3370_zpsf861930a.

2. jebmd

jebmd Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    Nice pics. GLWTS and the surgery.

3. bassbuddha

Many thanks for the support. I'm trusting that all will be well.

4. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    PM'ed.

5. bassbuddha

Sold pending payment.

6. cocobass

cocobass

Aug 25, 2006
    Story of my life- I've been looking for a JP2 and this is literally the 6th one I've missed!!! I even have a custom color Stingray Classic (burgundy mist w/rosewood board) to trade! Why does this happen to me??? Let me know if your sale falls through and you're interested:)

Bryant
    Cocobass@gmail.com

7. bassbuddha

I'll keep ya in mind and let you know if it falls through!

8. bassbuddha

The JP2 is sold and on the way to VA! Thanks TB!! Just three more to go!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.