Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS: Zon Headless Vinny VB4 !

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Andy Brown, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I bought this last year as a present to myself. This bass is incredible for it's size. It feels incredible, it sounds incredible, and is extremely fun to play. I'm sad to see it go (actually having anxiety over it), but I've gotten so accustomed to 5's and 6's recently that the 4 is a lower priority for me. I'd rather see this go to a good home than to see it sit idle.

Another reason for selling is that I'm talking to Joe Zon about a six string version of Vinny which he's done only once before. Just waiting on the answer on 19mm spacing.

Anyway, here are the specs and pics. You can only buy these direct. It would cost you $2149 plus shipping and a 4-5 month wait.

I'll let it go for $1900 shipped. It's in absolute MINT condition as if it were brand new. Take it off my hands before I change my mind.

Specs:

* Zon Vinny VB4
    * California Walnut Top
    * 24 frets / 34" scale
    * 19mm spacing at the bridge
    * Custom Bartolini pickups and preamp
    * Abalone Fretboard markers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. riverbush

riverbush

Jun 30, 2002
    ...I've been looking for a VB5!

How does this thing feel strapped on and playing? do you have the opposite of neck dive !?

and would love to hear a little about how you would characterize the sounds you get out of this ... (happen to have any clips you can post?)

3. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    The bass is pretty well balanced. No 'reverse' neck dive at all. It feels better if you hold it a little higher. As far as the sound, it's got a very unique 'woody' sound with the eq flat. You can add different variations esp. with the selectable mids. As I said, I love this bass' character, so I'm definately going to persue a six string version.

If you're looking for clips, a perfect example would be Michael Manring's "Sugar" from the Bass Day '98 DVD/CD.

4. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    BTW - the 5's have a 17mm spacing.

5. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    On hold until tomorrow... but get in line!

6. If I didn't just purchase my Zon Sonus, " I would be all over this beauty!!" ( Bump for a killer bass !!) :bassist:

7. Spiritfield

Spiritfield Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Jawja
    Had one of these in natural... it KILLED! Fabulous basses... one of the few I really wish I had kept.

8. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Back up For Sale! Buyer couldn't do it financially.

9. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
  10. Andy Brown

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Monday Morning bump.

11. Andy Brown