1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Zon Sonus Custom 5-string Bubinga top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nostatic, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostatic

nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

I bought this a few months back as my 5-string fretted bass, but find I'm playing my Rob Allens almost exclusively. So she needs to find a new home...and I'll probably end up ordering another RA :D

This is a 1996 Zon, but is incredibly clean. I am the third owner, and I believe it has always been in California. Action is ridiculously low, and with the 17mm bridge spacing it is a fast playing bass. It has two Bartolini humbuckers in the same position as the current "Sonus Special", although that uses J pickups. This evidently was the first of this configuration made. It has two stacked knobs, vol/vol in the front, treble/bass in the rear (active preamp). The 3 position switch is a coil tap for the rear pickup.

24 fret neck, ash body, weight around 9.5lbs by my guess. No truss rod, but none of my Zons have ever had one (still have a '00 Zon Lighwave fretless).

$1550 shipped in the CONUS. That includes a case.

newzon1.jpg

newzon2.jpg

newzon3.jpg

newzon4.jpg

newzon5.jpg

newzon6.jpg

newzon7.jpg

[​IMG]

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    What? without telling me???

Let me know if someone wants the hard case - I never use mine!

3. nostatic

nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    emailed you on the bass and the case. Doh!

4. bass12

bass12 Have you seen my tonsils lately? Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I've been considering a Zon fretless but, unfortunately, this one doesn't satisfy that single basic criterion (of having no frets :mad:). Rats. Bump for a nice bass all the same and good luck with the sale!

5. nostatic

nostatic

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Updated the price. Very clean and ready to go.

$1550 shipped in the CONUS.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.