1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FSO: 2009 MusicMan Stingray HH SLO Special $1000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Habilis, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hello, everyone. I am in the process of buying a long-coveted bass and am selling my Ernie Ball MusicMan StingRay HH SLO Special for $1000, including shipping, to cover it. so, sadly, NO TRADES.

This is the version known as the Guitar Center 45th Anniversary Special. I had it shipped from a Chicago-area GC to the one near my house, and, unlike everything else I've ever seen at GC, it was (and is) IMMACULATE.

According to the Ernie Ball Serial # thread it was made in 6/2009.

It's the color called Red Cherryburst, and it has an ebony fretboard with what I *believe* are limited-edition abalone fret dots. The neck has the current MusicMan gun oil finish.

IMPORTANT: This has the Sterling profile neck. Essentially, it's a Stingray body with the narrower-nut Sterling neck (1.5" at nut), which some prefer to the standard SR neck. that's what make it a "SLO special" I guess.

I had it professionally fret-dressed and set up by a gentleman who has been working for high-end luthier James Trussart for many years, and the action is fast and medium-low.

It did not come with a case, and so I went on Craigslist and bought a used MusicMan case for $40. The case is pretty beat up, but still closes. It has the weird bulge in it that MM cases seem to get, and some of the "feet" are broken off. I won't sell it or ship it without the case, so you might as well take it.

I've owned it for maybe 4 months total, played it at band practice and at home to a moderate degree (I'm not a full-time musician).

Attention TBers: Buy this and I'll throw in for free some Casey Tru-oil Gunstock wax and gunstock oil, unopened. These are the EBMM-recommended treatment products for the neck.

I apologize for the crappy iPhone pictures. But honestly, online "showroom" pictures of this model bass are accurate. There is not a scratch or ding anywhere on this bass, just some very light swirling on the pickguard. I will be weighing it later today as well, but I would guess it's in the vicinity of 10 lbs.

Here's a link to more (but still crappy) pics: http://s1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/alldaveallen/Bass pictures/

I will be offering this bass on my local (Los Angeles) Craigslist as well, for the same price, because I MUST sell it quick! Essentially, TB members will get free shipping just for being TBers. Thanks, everyone!

Attached Files:

2. RockSanity

RockSanity

Aug 12, 2012
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Founder & CEO, RockSanity.com
    PM sent with offer

3. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sale Pending to Mr. R. Sanity!

4. Sleepwalker42

Sleepwalker42 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Chicago
    Out of curiosity, you mentioned Chicago area, did you buy this from the GC in Highland Park? I remember trying one like this, was very nice.

5. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes, I did. It was prob'ly the very same one.

6. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Payment sent by RockSanity and will be shipped Friday at very latest! Thanks for looking, everyone! I'll lock the thread once the bass is on its way.

7. nickirado

nickirado

Dec 26, 2011
    dude lock this thanks

8. Habilis

Habilis

Jan 4, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    forgot... stand by for lockdown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.