1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FSO: Welcome to the Jungle!! - MIJ White Jazz Bass Special

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by McBass18, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McBass18

McBass18

Jan 19, 2012
    Rockford, MI
    Selling my late 80s MIJ Jazz Bass Special. In excellent condition. I have modified it with a Duncan HotStack Jazz pickup and Swing Bass 66 round wounds. Why spend over $800 buying a copy of Duff McKagan's bass that is MIM when you can buy the real deal.

I will include the stock jazz pu should you wish to return it to stock. 2 notes on wear:

1) The previous owner gorilla glued off brand straplocks into the body. I removed but didn't want to damage the body by drilling them off. So I put in Schaller black strap locks right next to the original holes so they aren't noticeable.

2) There is some wear on the bridge and neck plate due to age. I will try to capture in photos.

Besides that, she is a beauty with great freats, a straight neck and minimal body wear.

Asking $500 shipped. Will ship in a Fender gig bag. No trades please...

Attached Files:

2. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    What are the controls? I assume the bass is passive with vvt...what does the toggle control?

3. McBass18

McBass18

Jan 19, 2012
    Rockford, MI
    Yes, you are correct. It is passive and the controls are P volume, J volume and tone. The switch allows you to change from P pick up, to J pick up, and to both pickups.

4. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

May 11, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    PM sent!

5. McBass18

McBass18

Jan 19, 2012
    Rockford, MI
    Deal Pending

6. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Supporting Member

This should have been my next bass. Been really wanting one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.