SOLD FT: 1975 Fender Jazz Bass. Players bass.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Navybass, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    I got this bass from Manhattan Vintage and the vintage guitar person assured me that this was a true 1975 Jazz Bass that was modified.

Now on to the modifications which were all done BEFORE I got the bass. The body was stripped and re-done in natural gloss. In the process of stripping the body they rounded the edges more. The bridge was changed to a Badass II, the control plate was changed to a brass plate the pickguard was changed and the tuners were changed to vintage reverse tuners. The neck was professionally refretted and the gloss finish was taken off the neck, but NOT off the headstock face, so the decal is original. The neck was finished with Watco Danish oil. The pickups are Bartolini's.

The serial number is on the 3 bolt neckplate. The truss rod works great and the action is nice and low. The frets have a lot of meat left on them. The bass is medium weight.

This is definately NOT a collectors piece, but it IS a great players piece and has that vintage vibe. The only reason I'm getting rid of her is because I have too many Jazz Basses and need something different.

The bass comes with a non-original hardshell case.

Looking to trade for;
    MusicMan Stingray
    G&L L2000
    Kawai FIIB
    Or run something cool by me (basses only).

DSC02435.gif
    DSC02436.gif
    DSC02437.gif
    DSC02438.gif
    DSC02439.gif
    DSC02440.gif
    DSC02443.gif

2. mcm

mcm

Oct 2, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    pretty cool. Does the neck have any issues at all? any buzz? electronics are in good shape?

thanks
    matt

3. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    No buzz that I could find and the neck is fine. The electronics all work well.

4. Bald-N-Bassy

Bald-N-Bassy Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Music Man Stingray 4, Black Magic Crystal color, RW board, 3 band, OHSC. Condition is very good. SLO neck. so its closer to a jazz width.
    interested?
    I live in NC. and could meet you if you were interested.

5. Bald-N-Bassy

Sep 2, 2010
    Eastern NC
    pm sent

6. Price?

7. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    Would also be interested in;
    Rickenbacker 4003
    Rickenbacker 4001
    or ?????

8. Bald-N-Bassy

Sep 2, 2010
    Eastern NC
    interested in a cash sale?

9. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    Since a lot of people have been asking if I'd sell her outright. I coult let her go for $1100.00 OBO.

10. PM sent,

did I mention, this has been on my GAS list for a very long time now? haha

11. Navybass

Navybass

Mar 12, 2005
    Norfolk, Va.
    ^^^^^UP^^^^^

12. UP?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.