1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ft: 1980 Ibanez Blazer body - fully loaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Ronald Weasley, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ronald Weasley

Ronald Weasley

Aug 22, 2009
    Hey, I'm looking to trade a super funky Ibanez Blazer body from 1980. It's in relatively good condition, I'd say a 7/10. There aren't any major dings in it, but the bridge is pretty dirty/rusty. All original everything, as far as I know. The knobs are a little crackly and could use a cleaning as well.

What I would be looking for is a p bass or even better, a pj bass body to trade it for. This bass just haa one single coil pickup so it doesn't quite have the thump I'm after, though it does sound really great. It has a very clean, articulate and somewhat growly kind of sound.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Ronald Weasley

Ronald Weasley

Aug 22, 2009
    Would I be better off just buying a sx and swapping the necks? :meh:

3. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I had one of these,traded a case and a half of beer for it.made a new pickuard and put a dimarzio model G humbucker in it.That really helped it out.

4. mordechai

mordechai

Dec 8, 2007
    Maine
    Sent you a pm with a long shot trade offer.

5. Ronald Weasley

Ronald Weasley

Aug 22, 2009
    Pm replied. Cash price for the body would be 100$ plus shipping from Winnipeg.

I think that is a fair price, it is certainly worth more then a case and a half of beer! :ninja:

6. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    At 3 or 3:30 in the morning' round these parts beer gets quite valuable!Don't tell anyone but i had 3 more cases in the trunk:p

7. Mickey Mao

Mickey Mao

Jun 7, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Very interesting. A couple questions:

Does this body fit a standard Fender neck?

Also, do you know the weight of the loaded body?

8. Ronald Weasley

Ronald Weasley

Aug 22, 2009
    Good questions! I'm pretty sure a it is the same size as a fender neck. The neck plate (4 screws), neck pocket length and width are the exact same as my MIM fender. But I haven't tried switching the necks so I can't say for sure.

I weighed the whole bass on my crappy bathroom scale and it was about 9 pounds. I've never found it to be very heavy.

9. Ronald Weasley

Ronald Weasley

Aug 22, 2009
    So, the pocket length is a hair over 4", width is 2 1/4", and the depth is 11/16th". Definitely not a standard size. So I guess this is off the market, it would just be too tough for me to find a body that would fit. You may be seeing this bass for sale in the next little while. Thanks everybody...

10. Ronald Weasley

Ronald Weasley

Aug 22, 2009
    Does any body know the neck pocket size on sx basses? I can't find any specific info anywhere online :(