Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: 1988 pre-gibson Tobias 5str for your Modulus Q6

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by andysvec, Feb 26, 2005.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    I have a pre-gibson 1988 Tobias, #793, originally made for Ron Foos of Paul Revere and the Raiders (has ‘R F’ inlayed at the 12th fret) that I would like to trade towards a modulus Q6. I wrote both Mike Tobias and Ron when I acquired it and confirmed it’s interesting history with both. It was originally white from the Tobias shop, then Ron had zebra stripes painted on, then the guy that I got it from had it refinished natural and had Roger Sadowsky install his electronics in ’94. It has some player wear such as some buckle rash and a bunch of nicks and dings and scratches in the body, so it's not mint, but none affect the playability. Sounds incredible and plays wonderfully, but I’m just so used to my Modulus Q5 that I don’t really play it much and am considering taking the 6 string plunge with Q6.

More pics and any other info available just pm me.

2. andysvec

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    couple more pics...

3. andysvec

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    If you don't have a Q6 to trade and just want to make an offer on the Tobias, feel free to pm me! I'd really like to get this bass into someone's hands that will utilize it, I'm sure many of you know how wonderful these pre-gibson Tobias are.

Anyone know of any pre-gibson Tobias users forums or boards that I could also post this on?

thanks, Andy

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm pretty interested in this bass. Only problem is I have about 7 four-stringers right now and I want to sell a couple off to pay for this (along with a couple of amps). How much would you be looking to get for it?

5. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    PM sent

6. andysvec

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    still available, all PMs answered.

feel free to make me an offer!

(I also have a Zon Sonus 5/1 listed, if you may be more interested in trading for that, or in combination, etc...)