1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT:3TS Fender 60's Jazz........modified to 62' RI specs for Tacoma ABG or $700

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by panic_striken, Oct 28, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    What we have here is the most vintage sounding jazz I have EVER played.......hands down!!!!! I started with a stock Fender 60's Jazz reissue. Then, I stripped out the pickups and electronics. I added Seymour Duncan Antiquity I's for that oh so yummy vintage tone that you can only get from handmade pickups. I decided to stay passive and go for a double vol/tone package. So, I then ordered a custom wiring harness from HAS-Sound with special capacitors for both the neck and bridge pickups to help compliment the vintage tone. Lastly, I added the bridge f-logo cover and I also have the neck pup cover that I put on top of a new 4-ply tortoise shell pickgaurd I have played a MIA 62' reissue, and this thing smokes it's ass to be blunt. Oh, it comes with a padded Fender gig bag, too. I didn't mention that the bass is less than 6 months old. I am just going to go acoustic since my gigging days are over. So, throw your ABG at me:) I am mainly looking for a Tacoma Thunderchief.

Picture068.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Fender 60's Jazz........$704
    SD Antiquity I's.........$77/each
    HAS-Sound Harness w/plate.........$109
    Bridge and Neck covers.........$37
    4-ply Tortoise Shell Pickgaurd........$35
    Vintage Vibe and Infinite Mojo.........PRICELESS

2. Dude,

Nice bass man, exactly what I would buy if I was in the market for a jazz.

Good luck bro!

Mike

3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Thanks:smug: My days of gigging in bars and small venues are over now. So, I finally came to accept the fact that I have no use for an electric anymore or my 4x10 and head. So, I am in the market for a good acoustic bass for living room jams and I might have a small gig playing a local coffee shop acoustic style with a small amp. This is really, really a great bass. I can not express how much the HAS-Sound harness really makes the SD Antiquity's sing. Anyways, whoever gets this will be happy, and I can get my acoustic:) You can throw cash offers at me, but please be reasonable. You can see how much I have in it, and it is fairly new.

4. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I have a Fender BG-32 acoustic/electric. any interest? I am also in the Memphis, TN area. If I remember correctly I am the one who directed you to this site from one of the Panic msg. boards and I think you are just north of Memphis?

5. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I would accept $650+actual shipping via UPS w/insurance.

6. Were the 60s Reissue models MIM or MIJ?
    Does the bass have through-body stringing capability?
    Has there been any neck adjustment or fretwork done?
    Do you know if the neck is reinforced?
    Is the neck finish satin or gloss?

Thanks.

Bluesy Soul :cool:

7. Hey man,

Not for nothing, but I picked up a cheap Dean acoustic 4 string bass last year used. I think it is around $400 & change new. If you can get your hands on one of those, they sound great and it's a small investment.

Mike

8. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I spent a little time at GC playing around on several ABG, and the Tacoma was really the only one that satisfied me. I might have a deal in the works for a trade, but all other offers will be entertained until a deal is final.

9. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    They were MIM w/MIA parts..........No it is not string through because it is a replica of the 60's era Jazz..........No adj or work done because the bass is virtually new and in great shape........it has a trussrod acessable at the body...........and the neck is gloss:)

10. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Bump^^^

Cash price.........$700:)

11. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Bumpity bump^^^

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021