1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FT: '97 Collectors Strat for 5-String Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Ozzel, Mar 10, 2004.

1. I have a 1997 Collector's Edition Fender Stratocaster that I'd like to trade for a high-end 5-string bass. I am primarily a bass player, so I don't use the Strat much and would like it to go to someone who will play it as it deserves. I'd really hate to see it go. But I am ready to upgrade from 4 strings to 5, and can't afford to keep the Strat and buy a nice bass. I am interested in American-made G&Ls, Laklands, Fender Deluxe P, Ken Smiths, Roscoes, and others of comparable quality. If interested, please email me.

About the Strat: Only 1,997 were made. I am the 2nd owner. The original owner bought it new in '97 for about $1800. Condition-wise, I'd give it an 8.5/10. It's all original and comes with original gold-lined deluxe tolex case. Email me if you'd like full specs and photos. Thanks!