Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: '98 MIA Fender Jazz w/J-Retro installed

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fourstringbliss, Sep 25, 2005.

1. I have a '98 MIA Fender Jazz with a J-Retro preamp installed. You can see from the pictures that it is sage green metallic in color and that I've replaced the original w/b/w pickguard with a w/b/w/black pearl pickguard which suits the body color better. The bass is in excellent shape with only one small ding and a few small scratches. The ding is about 3mm long (more of a dent) and is on the upper part of the edge of the bass. When you are playing and look down you see it. The scratches are small and are on the same upper edge of the bass. Everything else is mint about this bass!

The bass sounds great and the J-Retro allows a multitude of tones, and a passive option where you can have both pups on or just the bridge and then adjust the tone with your amp. The bridge is string-thru. I've installed Dunlop straplocks. I will ship it in a HSC.

I'm just finding that Jazz Bass isn't the sound I want. I would trade for another 4-string active preamp bass, preferrably neck-thru, and with soap bar pickups. The bass, even with the ding/scratches is easily worth $699 and J-Retro's sell for $300 new. I've had my eye on upper level Ibanez SR's or anything smaller and sleeker than the Jazz body, but will consider most trades.

I've attached two pics of the bass - if you need more please ask.

Thanks!

2. I would be interested in selling this bass if you're not looking to trade.

3. I expected more of a response by now! 140+ folks taking a look, but no interest (except for one PM). Is it that it's green? It's not easy being green you know!

I know I said I wanted to trade for another 4-string, but I could be interested in the right 5-string.

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

4. jnightmare

jnightmare

May 12, 2004
    Carson, CA
    wow i must be color blind it looks more silvery. i can't even tell its green.

5. It does look silvery in pictures, but believe me - it's green. I honestly wasn't sure if I'd like the color but it's really nice! It's a lot like classic 70's mustang green. Another really cool thing about it is that the metallic isn't mixed in with the clear/topcoat. It's a metallic undercoat with a clearcoat over the top which gives it a deep look.

6. Somebody responded! I was beginning to feel lonely! :)

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    My Inca Silver Jazz has a green tint to it in the right lighting, and with the right p/g on it.

-Mike

8. This one's definitely a light green, though.

9. BassRocker8713

BassRocker8713

Jul 15, 2003
    I could have sworn that only Mexican Fender's came in Sage Green..

10. The only new Fender Jazzes that come in sage green metallic are MIM, but this is a '98. It's definitely a USA model right down to the upgraded "F" stamped tuners to the string thru bridge.

11. I got a good offer and will be trading for the attached bass. Thanks to all who expressed interest!

12. It fell through. Anybody else intereted?

13. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
  14. mindflow

mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Matts a great guy to trade with, straight up, no problems

15. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

any interest in a Carvin LB70-P ?
    fantastic condition , with case ...

send me a PM if you want to deal .

Attached Files:

16. Thanks alot, Mindflow! I needed that vote of confidence!

17. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

" It will be mine , oh yes , it will be mine ..." :cool:

18. That Carvin will be mine! Hoorah!