1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Acoustic 5 string bass w/ case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WarriorJoe7, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    This is a Galveston. They don't offer the 5 strings anymore and even though the new 4's are priced low, they are cheaper basses than they used to be. I paid over twice as much as the current 4 stringers on ebay. I'd say the quality of this one is on par with a michael kelly bass.

In addition I had a luthier do some nut work and grind down the bridge in order to make it play better. It plays really well compared to most acoustics I have played. This has been replaced in my arsenal by an expensive Taylor acoustic.

Strung up with new strings in near mint condition. I got this 3 or 4 years ago with a case and I have babied it ever since. Even the case is almost new. I really like the sound of it plugged in and unplugged, but not as much as the Taylor.

As a frame of reference, a new MIM Jazz bass with a new case would be an even trade. Looking for a TBC 5 or a tbc 4 plus cash. G&L tribute with rosewood board. Maybe a Sub bass. Maybe a violin bass. A warmoth bass. An 8 string. Actually would consider a bunch of stuff worth around $400-$425 including the case in the value (or $350 if you just want the bass without the case but you're gonna pay actual insurance.)

I actually would trades for some necks, preamps, pickups too etc. I have a trade list in this thread... http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4482784

In general I won't be accepting any basses worth less than say $250 but there are always exceptions. I am not interested in Dean's or recent Squier's and the like. I can include minor amounts of cash (and/or parts in my trade thread) to trade up.

You will be getting a really great bass... no doubt about it.

Joe

2. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    Oh yeah US preferred for trades. Canada if you have a compelling trade offer. Overseas if you have something I just can't resist or pass up (unlikely.)

DSCN2196-1.

DSCN2197-1.

DSCN2198-1.

3. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Banned

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    Trade pending

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.