Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT- Acoustic Image Focus Slave Amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by echo008, Mar 12, 2006.

1. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Hi Guys,
    Up for trade is my AI Focus Slave Power Amp, 600 watts at 4 ohms. It has not been pushed at all. I have only used it so far in the studio, it comes in the AI bag with Speakon cable and I even have the original box.

Im looking for high end heads 300 watts and up....
    Im going to be pretty picky about what I replace this with, it is an amazing sounding unit at only 3.5 lbs!
    Im mainly looking for a nice trade on this one but would consider selling as well.
    thanks for looking
    - Tom

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    PM sent.

-Mike

3. brandonwong

brandonwong

Dec 16, 2003
  4. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Hi,
    No, this is a Series 2.
    - Tom

5. 64lusso

64lusso

Jan 20, 2006
    central Va
    Sounds like you are looking for trades mainly, have you thought about a price you would take for it?
    Jay

6. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Hello, I do have someone I am intersted in trading with and I am waiting to hear back for certain. But, I sent you a PM Regarding price.
    Thanks for looking
    - Tom

7. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Replied ...

Thanks
    -Tom

8. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
  9. LowNote

LowNote Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I'm interested. What price are you seeking? Would you want to trade the Focus SA plus cash for a Walter Woods Ultra?

10. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    yes, i too would be interested in purchasing this poweramp. please let me know what price you'd be willing to part with it for. i sent a PM that was never replied to. please PM or email me if you don't want to post your price...thanks!

11. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY

I would be looking for $700.00 for this one... shipping in the Con.US only, paypal preferred

Lownote: Im not looking to add cash, so while I would love to try out a walter woods I do not have cash to add.

cosmicevan: We PM'd back and forth awhile back, but I have not recieved any New PM's from you?
    anyway let me know if you guys are interested in buying outright.
    Thanks
    - Tom

12. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    Sorry, but what are the specs on the series 2 SA? I can only find inof for the series 3....does it go down to 2 ohms? Thanks

13. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Good Question ... I am not certain. I wont even speculate because I do not want to give you the wrong info. Ill try finding out for you, hopefully someone in the know will chime in here.

- Tom

14. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    This is straight from ther AI website... while it may not be specific to the SA I believe this is standard for any series 2 Focus.

"Is my Series II Focus capable of driving 2-ohm speaker loads?
    While it isn’t rated at 2 ohms, it will handle the load in most cases, as long as the volume isn’t cranked to extreme levels. Give it a try. If the amp isn’t up to the task, an internal protection device will shut things down momentarily… however you won’t do any harm."

Thanks Lownote!

- Tom

15. echo008

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Bump and update ... I am no longer looking to sell but only for a trade at this point. I am serioulsy thinking about just keeping this one and getting a nice preamp for it. But again, for now, it is still available for trade.
    Thanks for looking!
    - Tom