1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Agile Prestige Z 6 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stix_clgi, May 19, 2011.

1. stix_clgi

stix_clgi Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Hey TB!!!

So I got this bass a few months ago in a trade with a great TBer, T.B. Player, and I love the bass, I just want to see what someone may be willing to trade for it. There are some scratch marks on the back towards the bottom, which I will fully disclose in pics this evening. I let a few of the local boys play my bass, maybe get them interested in music ya know, and one of the boys goes to lay my bass down on the ground. No big deal, I reach to get it, but he slides the bass forward, causing the body to scrape the ground:meh: Oh well, can't be mad at little kids. Anyways...

The bass was made for T.B. by the Agile side of Rondo Music. It's 34" scale with 19mm string spacing, so the neck is kinda wide; it's a great bass for slapping on! It has a decent sound from the stock pickups and preamp. Anyone who's owned a Brice or Agile bass w/ soapbars will know what it sounds like. The neck is maple with a maple fingerboard (which I love by the way). The neck to me is a little thicker than the Ibanez Soundgear necks, but I love how it feels (I have larger hands). The body and hardware are all black with the glossy finish which really shines when you polish it. It's been professionally setup for super low action.

I'm not really trying to sell it, and since it's my only six string, I'm looking to trade for other six string basses. Maybe you're interested? I can throw in a brand new Bartolini NTMB 3-band preamp w/mid freq. switch. Don't be afraid to reply or pm me with offers lol! I think this is a great bass to upgrade for relatively cheap since the preamp will be included (I have another one, Aggie OBP-3 w/ passive tone..ooohh yeeah!!).

*EDIT* My picture kung-fu is weak....here are links until this evening.
    My rig Part II - Photos - View other's photo and leave a comment - Yahoo! Pulse
    brice_bass1 - Photos - View other's photo and leave a comment - Yahoo! Pulse
    brice_bass2 - Photos - View other's photo and leave a comment - Yahoo! Pulse
    Thanks for looking everyone!!!:bassist:

2. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Posted links to pics, sorry about that, I'll have real ones posted tonight, unless someone knows how to save pics from Yahoo Pulse?

3. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    That's a sweet bass, followed the comings and goings when Mike was having it built .... don't think too many people here realize what a nice instrument it is :cool:

I'd take it, but I don't play anything fretted anymore ...

4. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Hey PointBass!! I really dig this instrument, perhaps I'm just impatient lol. I was going get some Kent Armstrong pups wound for it, and I have Aggie and Bartolini preamps that are dying to get in one of my basses.

This really is a nice bass though, thanks for the bump!

5. If you put the Bart pre into this, the sound gets that much better. I put a Bart into the previous Prestige I had (35 scale, which was why I had the 34 scale built), and the tone was great.

Z

6. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Hey Mike! You guys are convincing me to keep this thing man lol! Maybe I will install it, decisions, decisions....