1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Ampeg SVP-Pro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by pablomigraine, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    I recently traded my SVP-CL for this unit. Ive owned 3 SVP-Pro's and been inside about 7 of them, and this is, by far, the cleanest, quietest, most functionally perfect and well maintained example of this unit Ive seen in 5 years. Everything works perfectly. I really wasnt happy with the midrange control on the CL, and having had great luck with the SVP-Pro in the past I made the swap, but I think I may have outgrown the Ampeg sound entirely. A/B'ing the SVP-Pro with just a Presonus HP4 (headphone splitter), there is tons of tube goodness there, but at the expense of a great deal of midrange information. I think Im looking for something "Flatter" or more "hi-fi", but hopefully something with some tube warmth.

Trades Considered

Phil Jones Bass P-1 preamp
    BBE Bmax-t + Cash or a great HSC
    Eden Navigator
    ISP Beta Bass Preamp
    Aguilar DB680 or DB659

Any High-End preamp, preferably one with some type of parametric mid and / or an onboard compressor would be considered. My vast preference goes to the ISP or the Eden.

Not interested in selling, no SS preamps other than the ISP would be considered.

2. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    PM sent.

3. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    all PM's responded to! Still here!

4. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    anyone?

5. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Sunday Bump......

Any high-end preamp you got..... run it by me

6. RockBoxBass

RockBoxBass Supporting Member

This is coming home.....

7. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    This unit is now part of a trade dispute and I'm gonna go ahead and close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.