1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT Basslab Soul 5F

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lbardot, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    Trades prefered at this stage but selling is also definitly an option.

Up for grabs thus : Made in Germany Basslab Soul 5-String Unlined Fretless (and side dots on the correct position). If you like black, this is the bass for you, it is black up to the strings :)

For those who do not know Basslab, they are a high end boutique bass manufacturer in germany, usin composite material while retaining a great deep "wooden" sound. The Sould bass is mostly hollow, wich makes it extremely lightweight. Sound is difficult to describe, but is is definitely a very round, deep and articulate sound.

The pictures I took do not do the bass any justice. A better picture of this bass can be found on Basslab's website, in their gallery (select bass, then Sould, then click on the gallery link) - this is usually the one on the top left -

The bass has a narrow string spacing, that is ideal for playing fast. Other specs are RoughCrystal PUs, Kluson machineheads, controls are VOL/VOL/BASS/MED/HIGH + parametric mid-sweep. Condition is 9/10 - there is a mini ding at the back of the bass that I cannot manage to photograph.

I sell only because I have 3 Fretless basses and 2 have to go. New price for this baby bought in Germany would be easily in the 3000 EUR / 4500 USD region, and this is without transportation and customs duties.

Interested in a trade with Lakland 55-94 of DJ5 (or other model except JO 5), Parker Fly (5 only), 4-String Jazzbass of comparable value, 4-string Gibson les Paul LPB-3 bass, other 5-String bass with 35" scale of comparable value. No fretless please. Cash addition on one side or the other also a possibility

MORE INFO HERE : http://www.basslab.de/. Other pictures available on demand.

Attached Files:

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Wow- that's hot!

3. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    Please see my other bass for trade : a Citron AE5F

4. god DAMN!

5. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    IIRC, these can be converted to fretted fairly easily. If it was 34" I'd consider it.

6. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    Actually, the Basslab is 34" scale.

7. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Too bad (for me) the string spacing is narrow. I have a Soul V fretted 34" with 19mm spacing that'll be shipped soon.

8. JimmyTheSaint

JimmyTheSaint

Mar 15, 2005
    California
    The price for this bass new is $3150 USD from Basslab's North American dealer. How do you come up with the $4500 USD price tag?

9. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    My bad. I was until recently living in Europe, and the price when bought in Germany, last time I checked, was 2800 EUR (and it is still the case on www.basslab.de). I made the conversion on the last months high EUR/USD exchange rate and landed with the 4500 USD approximation.

But actually, it is true that the European price include the average 20% taxes that the Europeans must pay (and that i had to pay -sic - ) and the US importer probably worked on a more favorable exchange rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.