1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: Black Geddy Lee w/upgrades for stock 70's classic Precision...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SoyBase, Jul 6, 2012.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I've got a 2004 (thats when I bought it new) Black Geddy Lee jazz in excellent shape that I'm looking to trade for a 70's classic precision (prefer white). Sorry I don't have pics right now, but I'll get some if there is any interest.

Its upgraded with Dimarzio Ultra-jazz pickups, black 3-ply pickguard and a front bridge pickup cover. Its got a kind of beat up skb style case that I wouldn't mind keeping if the Precision doesn't come with the trade.

The bass sounds and plays great, I just am not into the jazz sound anymore. I'm going back to the basics.

I'm looking for a straight trade and if you're in Atlanta, we can meet and do the swap.

Thanks!
    Tommy

2. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Forgot to add that I have the stock pickups (one lead needs to be resoldered) but cant find the original white pickguard.

I'll entertain offers for sale if interested. Will snap some pics over the weekend.

Thanks,
    Tommy

3. TheBamaSlamma

TheBamaSlamma

Apr 19, 2012
    Alabama
    If you expand your wants to include a SBMM Ray34, let me know.

4. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Sorry, already have a 'Ray....if it were one of the new classics + cash, I'd be all over it....

5. TheBamaSlamma

TheBamaSlamma

Apr 19, 2012
    Alabama
    Cool. Good luck with the trade.

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Still looking for a good P bass...i'll even be interested in one with a maple fretboard if its not a classic 70's...

Thanks,
    Tommy

7. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    PMed....

8. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Finally snapped some pics today. Sorry there is some dust that shows up. One thing I noticed was that my wall hanger has put a few spots on the back/bottom of the body. I haven't tried some rubbing alcohol to get it off, but I'm sure it will. Oh yeah, it has Schaller strap buttons as you can see in the pics.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v670/Skeetervr6/jazz%20bass/

Thanks,
    Tommy