1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT: BONGO 4 Fretless H/P MINT!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kharmakazee1, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    In a nutshell............bought a fretless, traded for a fretless, realized I really don't need more than 1 fretless. This is a MINTY Bongo 4 Fretless single H and Piezo P/U configuration. The action is SICK low and she really growls! I am looking to trade for a 4 string JAZZ TYPE bass. Please no MIM or MIJ Fender offers. :help:

Attached Files:

2. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    bump

3. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Bump

4. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

Guys, I have the same bass but in gold with a lined fretboard. It's the real deal!

If you're looking for great fretless tone, this is where you want to stop. Piezo's a plus and all MusicMan basses should have only one pickup. :)

LeonD

P.S. I don't know the seller but I do know Bongo Fretless Hp.

5. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks LeonD! Someone out there wants a top notch fretless and knows they have too many Jazz's laying around!

6. jacoDEbasso

jacoDEbasso

Mar 31, 2009
    in my mind
    Awesome bass!! Confused to why no MIJ basses since they are just as valuable and sought after as any MIA, but BOT, amazing bass! Bump for you!

Edit: maybe you meant CIJ, which I understand completely! Gl my friend!

Chris

7. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Trying not to sound ignorant but what MIJ Fender bass do you consider to be a fair trade for a $2600 retail made in USA bass. If I am missing out on something special PLEASE PLEASE share with me so I can edit my post if necessary.
    Thanks in advance!

8. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Sorry for the derail - but what's the difference between MIJ and CIJ? :confused:

Very cool bass, by the way.

9. jacoDEbasso

jacoDEbasso

Mar 31, 2009
    in my mind
    Well, the only MIJ's that worth the resale value of a bongo (which sadly depleats almost instantly) would be an 80's RI. I believe CIJ's are later models and cheaper than early MIJ basses. Early MIJ's rival MIA basses in overall quality and value; atleast what I've seen over the past few years! Back to the bongo though, these fretless bongo's are truly a pleasure to play. Someone buy this!!!

10. fourstring44

fourstring44 In Memoriam

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    Any interest in an 08 American Standard Precision? Black/maple with mint guard.

11. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Actually would be looking more for an american deluxe Jazz or one of the re-issue 62's either P or J. Sorry if I seem too picky but I really don't want to take a hit on such a nice piece. If I had not scored the Jaco I wouldn't even be thinking about ever getting rid of the Bongo.

12. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    BUMP

Weekend Bump!

13. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    BUMP

Totally surprised that I'm going to have to go to the evil E to move a piece like this. I will give it today.

14. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    What is your selling price ?

15. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Outright selling price is $900 + shipping.
    Thanks to all.

16. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Ok it has been brought to my attention by someone very wise that I was overlooking another option. If anyone has a G&L Jazz or P/J type bass they are looking to trade please let me know.
    BUMP for new Trade option!

17. kharmakazee1

kharmakazee1

Mar 12, 2009
    Going to the EVIL E tonight.
    Trades:
    Cool Jazz / P basses of equal value. Fender,G&L,Lakland etc.
    $900
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.