Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FT: Bongo 5 HH with piezos (feeler)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ariwax, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ariwax

ariwax Insonating the acoustic window Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    TRADE PENDING for Barker Vertical Bass...

Hi,

Up for trade is an EBMM Bongo 5-string in graphite pearl with dual humbuckers and piezos. Black ice pickguard. In very good condition with only a small nick on the headstock, no other issues.

It plays great and has the best B string I've ever heard, currently strung with flats. Problem is it's just too many options for me. The tonal palette is too vast for my simple brain. So I'm looking for something simple and warm - the right P-bass, let's say, or a Skyline hollowbody... if you're GASsing for a Bongo, and you've got something to offer, let me know.

Pics on request.

-A

2. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    :( you already know my deal..

3. stretch80

stretch80

Jan 31, 2005
    hmmm.

how about a sweet 2002 trans-orange Stingray 5 w/ tort pickguard, rosewood board...? Mint condition...

(I'm about to head off for xmas and may not see email until next week, so can't promise to reply till then..)

4. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Sounds nice, but I already have a 'Ray.

-A

5. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
  6. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    any chance you might sell? btw , how does that piezo work? does it have its own volume/tone controls or some kind of 'blend' pot?
    josh

7. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    TRADE PENDING for a Barker Vertical Bass!

8. Peredur

Peredur

Jul 7, 2002
    Wales
    Reverend Brad Houser in bug eye chrome? Obviously if the Barker does not go through!

9. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I've never played a Reverend, though I've heard a lot about them. If the Barker deal doesn't go through, I'll let you know.

As far as the piezo, there is a pan knob allowing you to balance the magnetic pickups and the piezo signals. There is no tone pot; I think the EQ pots pretty much modulate only the mag pickup signal. Piezo volume can be adjusted either with the master volume pot and/or you can go spelunking in the cavity and dial in the volume of the individual string saddle transducers.

-A