1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FT: Brice Z6 for your Brice HXB or V2 Fretless 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ed Goode, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Looking for an even trade, straight-up swap .... my Brice Z6 fretted for a Brice V2 or Brice HXB406 fretless 6 string. I know it doesn't seem to make much sense, but I'm in need of a detatchable Brice 6 string fretless neck for a new thing I'm working on with Barker Bass. This is a great opportunity for someone to move way up the line in quality and get a very sweet Z6 in great condition .... The Z6 basses retail at $499, the HXB's at $299, do the math, this is a great deal ...

Edit 4/21/09: BTW, if anyone has a fretless unlined bolt-on 6, I'll consider an outright purchase from you if you're not interested in this Z6 .... won't break my heart to keep this bass at all ....

Some pics of the Z6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My only criteria is that the neck be fretless, preferably unlined and be in very good condition. I really don't care about the body that much, as the neck is the only thing that will be salvaged. Color is totally unimportant.

Even trade, each person takes care of their own shipping. Your bass will be shipped to zip code 97756 (Redmond OR), not to NJ. I will also sell the Z6 for $300 + shipping saving you 40% off retail (and this bass is very close to like-new condition, completely set up and gig ready with SIT Power Steels & Dunlop Straplocks installed).

PM me if more details are needed on the Z6 .... :cool:

2. Ed Goode

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    TTT

3. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    DAMN! I have an HXB-405 that i decided to coat. For my first time its pretty good.
    I dont think you are, but if you're interested in the 5 string HXB, ill send some pics over. Just LMK.

4. Ed Goode

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks for the interest, but it needs to be a fretless 6 only .... :cool:

5. Ed Goode

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Thursday heads-up .... :cool:

6. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Man, I'm GASsin' for that Brice of yours, Ed! Wish I had something to trade for it... :atoz:

Good luck with the sale/trade - and I can't wait to see the Barker project when it comes together! :cool:

7. Ed Goode

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Chris, it's a really nice bass and it took a long time for me to find the "right" one .... I have a feeling I'm going to be very sorry once it goes. But in truth, the only fretted bass that gets any playing time now is my 7, just about everything else is fretless and I don't see that changing in the future. If you want to mess around with it, give me a PM and I'll drop it off for you to try for a bit ....

It would be just as easy to simply purchase a new HXB406 for my needs, but the bass is going to be parted out immediately ... seems a shame to disassemble a brand new axe, plus I'm really trying to be a little responsible with the finances considering the beating I've taken over the past year with my investments .... :help:

Trades still open as long as it's fretless (preferably unlined), 6 string, 18mm and has a detatchable neck. I'll sell the Z6 outright for $300, and I'll also consider an outright purchase of a fretless 6 if anyone has one hanging around .... :cool:

8. I finally dropped and Audere into my fretless Brice Z with the detachable neck and strung it with tapewounds. Can you say "upright jazz?"

(I've got a fretless V2 6 too but that's my baby - especially with the Bart pre in it...:D)

Then there's my new Brice custom Z that's finally come in...It says "Agile" though, since the Brice factory kept making it incorrectly, so Kurt at Rondo had Agile make it. Quite sweet. See photos.

One of these days I may part with the fretless Z since I haven't done any playing at all for the past 6+ months.

Good luck!!

Z

Attached Files:

9. Ed Goode

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Thanks Mike .... if you're thinking about moving the fretless, let me know ;)

Glad you got the new bass in, looks great!

10. Ed Goode

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Updating info from Post #1

If anyone has an unlined fretless 6 bolt-on that they are looking to sell, I'll consider an outright purchase from you ... :cool:

11. Ed Goode

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.