1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT Celinder Custom 6 - the only 34" he made!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by vilkai, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilkai

vilkai

Jul 1, 2008
    Finland
    Well, I traded this back, now letting it go for a second time. My custom frankenbass and the MTD(s) are more me.

In excellent condition. My luthier checked everything and the bass plays really (really, really) well.

Otherwise, it's the same as a year ago. Here's what I said about it then:

As I understand it, mr. Celinder does not build custom basses any more, but his Celinder Update series is well-known.

Lovely, fat tone (sort of Brubaker-Smith love child-ish thing), easy to play, not too compressed... I heard he designed these as a tribute to Ken Smith.

Oh, and the B string is VERY slappable! Pics: http://s626.photobucket.com/user/prkl0405/library/Celinder?sort=3&page=1

Here's what Peter said about this bass earlier this spring, all of which still holds true, with the addition that the string spacing is adjustable and I think it might go as far as 18,5 even. 18,3 mm for sure.

P8023887_zps47ba1747.

Trade-wise, I'm looking for something interesting. I don't know how to price this instrument, it's a one off, cost a ton, can't get another one... And the tone is like a maple-core Smith but with more punch from the bolt-on neck.

Let's put a trade value at about USD2700. The bass was set up last month by my luthier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.