1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT: DiMarzio Ultra Jazz Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jonnychicago, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    I have a pair of DiMarzio Ultra Jazz pickups that came in a Fender American Jazz I just bought...I like them, but I need something a bit warmer sounding, while retaining some growl...

I'm not looking to be picky - I would love some US Jazz Bass Single Coils (like in the Geddy Lee).

Or some custom shop 60s fender jazz pickups, or dimarzio model j's, basslines...not sure, just thought it would be fun to try something else.

Let me know what you've got.

2. Heh...it's funny you should mention this. I have a Geddy Lee Jazz. I swapped her OEM pickups out for Model Js but decided I missed the OEM bridge pickup. I swapped Model J bridge out for the OEM bridge so now I have a Model J bridge and a vintage reissue neck pickup sitting around (as well as a Seymour Duncan Hot Stack neck pickup).

Are you interested in swapping your Model J neck pickup for a Fender Vintage Reissue neck pickup?

3. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    hey, did you mean my Ultra Jazz neck for your Fender Reissue neck (from your Geddy Lee?) pickup?

4. pmed

5. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    bump - and thanks for the PMs. i think i've narrowed down what i'm looking for to:

Seymour Duncan Antiquity II

or

DiMarzio Model J's

let me know if you'd like to swap!

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    No interest in some MEC active pickups then?

7. jonnychicago

jonnychicago

Mar 20, 2006
    Chicago
    sorry, going to stick passive...

8. i would totally buy just the bridge pickup from you...
    interested?

9. Sorry Jonny...I'm an idiot!!! Serves me right for reading too fast after just waking up!

10. would you sell these?

11. GeddyisGod

GeddyisGod Four on the floor and nothing more!

Feb 4, 2004
    Moberly, MO
    Model Js rule.

If you decide to swing back toward the Fender Original Jazz RI pickups (Geddy), let me know.