1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT Feeler: Acacia Custom 5er (The Barn Bass)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xlows, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Hi all,

I bought this bass last year from Cosmicevan. I do love it, but I think it might just be too much bass for me :p. There are ZILLIONS of tones you can get out of this thing. I'm really on the fence about this, but for a trade I would be looking for another nice five string or fretless four string (I'd be open to see anything though, so shoot me what you have). I'm maybe also willing to sell outright for the right offer ($2500 would be about right). You can see the bass in all of its glory at Cosmicevan's website, where he kindly provided many pictures and a wealth of info on the instrument:

http://www.asteriskband.com/evan/bass/Basses.html

(You have to click the "former basses" link at the bottom of the column of links at the left, and it's the one third down on the right side with the whammy bar.)

2. Don't think this one's for me, but I now know I must have a kahler-equipped bass sometime in my life. Beautiful.

3. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Thanks!:)

4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    ooh, i'd love to bring this one back...

you don't have any interest in 6 strings do you?

5. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Hey Evan,
    6 strings are just too many for me. :p Nothing at all against your basses though; I think every single one you own is utterly beautiful. I'm leaning towards hanging onto this one right now. I might just need more time to grow into it.

6. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    it is indeed a special bass, but it is a LOT of bass. it was such a blast to play and experiment with (especially with a looper), but whenever i'd take it out to a jam, i wouldn't take full advantage of it's capabilities. killer bass though...

7. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Yes sir, that's exactly it. It's a really wonderful instrument, but there's far more tones available than I can take advantage of, which is why I'm thinking of this trade business.

8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    cool little feature on this bass...

you can look up the frequency indents for any preamp on the web and then dial it in on the noll with the sweepable 3 bands and simulate any pre. every pre has their own voice, but you can really catch the vibe of a boosted aguilar obp-3 or other popular pres...and with the Lane Poors, sounds soooo good. free bump for hell of a bass.

9. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    First post updated.

10. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    bump

11. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Good it is a 35 incher or I'd be in real trouble...

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    36 incher

13. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    PM'd

14. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    bump

15. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Sorry folks, but I'm in love with this bass. We're eloping to Paris. As such, I will no longer be offering it for sale/trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.