SOLD FT Feeler: Aluminum necked USA Vaccaro X-Ray Bass (kramer licensed)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WarriorJoe7, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Inactive

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    OK this bass is MINT... tuning fork neck licensed from Kramer with 2 VERY IMPORTANT improvements:

1) It has a truss rod (not on the Kramer)

2) It has a full wood enclosure on the neck (the kramers had an (often cold) metal strip that ran the neck with 2 wood pieces on each side.)

Only reason I am getting rid of it is because I have 2 and they are exactly the same (even the color.)

They blew the Korean made X-rays out the door a few years ago (I missed them) but this is the USA (made in NJ) version. There was a huge price difference in the hartke aluminum necked basses between American and Korean also.

I don't know what it's worth so I offer a trade feeler. I may decide to sell later but who knows without pricing info.

Listening to all offers.

Thanks,
    Joe

P.S. I will show pics later showing that I have 2 of these.

2. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Inactive

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    oh yeah pics...

USA Vaccaro X-Ray Bass

An excellent Aluminum necked bass in the Kramer forked headstock tradition (except it has a truss rod and a full wood enclosure on the back.) Pretty hard to find nowadays.

I have 2 of these in the same color so this one will be going up for sale or trade this summer...

DSCN2453.gif

DSCN2454.gif

DSCN2455.gif

3. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Inactive

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    Possibly other basses coming (don't know when or if:)

SOLD Custom Warwick FNA Jazzman (maple fretboard, bubinga AND ash body) (have 2)
    TRADE PENDING Warwick Corvette unlined fretless wenge neck (I need lines)
    PARTED OUT Custom unlined fretless

Peavey 2tek bass (have 2)
    Hartke XL4 Aluminum necked bass (Have 3)
    Galveston 5 string acoustic (replaced with Taylor)
    USA Precision Deluxe, black w/ maple neck
    parts of Musicman Sabre (maybe)

4. Vewy intewesting :ninja:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.