1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT Feeler! Brubaker Brute MJX-4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by J. Crawford, Oct 19, 2009.

1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    As awesome of a bass as this is, its just not my thing.. I am playing my P bass almost solely, and I have about 30 minutes on this thing over a 3 week period.

Again, just a feeler as Im uncertain. Im just entertaining offers, and if something clicks, then it clicks!

Black on white, fully stock, no mods or anything, only one small bubble in the finish I can find. Ill put pics up tomorrow.

Here is what it looks like now:
    IMG_2953.

IMG_2958.

IMG_2962.

The pickup covers, inlays, etc., are all temporary. No screws, nothing permanent.

No big deal, they can come off. Those are the only pictures I have as of now.
    Im really only looking for a fretless. Thats about it. Things Im interested in are:
    Carvin Fretless! THIS IS MY MAIN GAS! 4, 5, 6 strings, doesnt matter. Has to be fretless! I really dont have any cash to add to the deal though..
    Fender Jazz fretless
    Fender Precision fretless (Most likey parts bass)
    Fender Precision bass, Fender Jaguar bass, Sting, etc.

Thats about it.. Those are the three things I really want, with a Carvin fretless being first.

I paid $415 for this merely 3 weeks ago, and would like something in that range.

Im not letting it go for any issue other than its not getting any play, its been under my bed for about a week, and Im on a fretless binge and really want one.

Thanks!
    J.

FS NOW! $430 shipped! Hardshell, can come with/without the cover and vinyl!

mrpatrick54 likes this.
  2. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Trade for my Power Jazz? I know it's not fretless.... :(

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Thanks Heb, but no can do.

Fretless, or bust! :D

4. I wondered what your GAS would be next. :D Sorry I don't have any fretless basses to trade you. I'd like to try one of these. So bump for a nice bass.

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Its not that Im having GAS, its just that I would rather get something I would enjoy using, rather than a bass that is sitting under my bed.

Ya know?

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Have you pliers? Or even a butterknife?

Have the only fretless Brute!:D

7. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    What is the bridge pickup? Thanks.

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Just a stock Brubaker MM pickup, came straight from the previous owner this way. Totally stock, practically brand new.

9. I understand. Makes perfect sense. But you said in your original post that you were GASing for a fretless. Which is why I said that. :)

10. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    This is true! :D

Or another straigh up P bass. Thats the only thing Im wanting other than a fretless.

I just love P basses. They are pretty much perfect to me.. And it took me 5 years to figure that out.

11. How does the neck on this bass compared to your P basses?

12. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Why don't you put a number on this, buy another nice Squier P with the profits, like the Classic Vibe, VM, etc, and a fretless neck(easyily found), kill two birds with one stone.

And I guarantee you, P sans frets, rounds or flats, will slay.

13. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Awesome, it has an incredible neck. Not quite as thick, but a bit wider feeling top to bottom.

I was thinking about a parts bass, or selling this, waiting til Christmas and my birthday, and getting a Tony Franklin.

But Im leaving all options open. ;)

14. engage757

engage757 Banned

sharp bass J. fasho... very slick

15. engage757

engage757 Banned

free "I shouldn't be drooling on my keyboard" bump! that pickup cover makes the whole bass pop in my opinion. :)

16. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    butter knife!..slide 'em out!

17. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Nah, I dont want to ruin such a nice bass. I would rather it go to someone who needs the frets! ;)

And yes, the cover makes it much better in my opinon. Held on with solely double sided tape, too!

18. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I didnt bump this today.

Ill take offers for Fender P basses, JV and SQ Squiers, Lakland Skyline 44-01, and possibly Jazz basses.

19. How much does this weigh? And whats the nut width?

20. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    9 lbs., on the dot according to the basement scale.

3.7 cm at the nut.