1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT Feeler: Cliff Bordwell 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zooberwerx, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    *On Hold*

Yeah, I know...I thought this would be a keeper, too. I'm offering up my near-mint condition CB Performance 5 in trade for another 5 banger. Its a great playing / sounding bass but the meaty neck and wider string spacing is getting to be a bit much for arthritic hands. This is the perfect opportunity to snag an almost-custom bass without the 12 month wait.

The CB Performance 5 was Cliff's low-end "off-the-rack" offering; the model is no longer in production. Custom options? Hell, no! What you saw was what you got...and the concept worked beautifully. Here's the dope:

*Body - alder w/ walnut cap, matching headstock
    *Neck - "Modern" maple/wenge/maple, 35", 24 frets
    *FB - bubinga, flat profile
    *Nut - stabilized ebony
    *Hardware - Hipshot, Dunlop straplocks
    *Pups - Delano J / MM with passive harness
    *Controls - Vol / Vol / J mid roll-off / MM treble roll-off
    *3 Way Switch - series / single / parallel
    *Finish - oil / wax
    *Weight - 8 / 8.5 lbs
    *Condition - 9.5 / 10
    *Levis GigBag

CBPerformance5002.

CBPerformance5004.

I'm always on the lookout for well-balanced 5's weighing in under 9.5 lbs. 34", 35"...don't really care. I know money is tight so that's why I'm listing the CB for trade only with cash +/- to balance the deal if necessary. PM me if you have any questions. I do apologize for the horrid pics and argyle socks.

Riis

2. vep63

vep63

Dec 27, 2004
    The ATL, GA
    Cash???

3. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I don't do well with cash. AAMOF, my wife gives me $20 each Monday. I have to make it last all week...but I am allowed to buy an ice cream on Friday.

Rather stick to trades for the moment. If it goes nowhere, I may relist with the option in the future.

Riis

4. Wow, she's purty! Too bad I don't have anything to trade you equal to that. Bump this for an awesome TB'er and a purty bass geetar!

5. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    No trade bait?!? How 'bout that formula slurpin' crib critter in your avatar? Appears to be less than a year old, in mint condition, and American-made.

Riis

6. Hmmmm....Tempting, but I don't think I can get rid of him. Maybe after tonight I may reconsider, depending on whether he lets me sleep or not.:D

7. Mikeeltoro

Mikeeltoro

Apr 10, 2005
    Woodbridge, NJ
    i would trade my first born for a custom made CB Bass. Cliff's works is beyound phenominal.

8. Tslicebass

Tslicebass Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Bump for an incredible instrument... that may one day be a collectors item.
    Hey Mikeeltoro... love your sig.

9. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    You're spot on, TSB. This is actually a better value than one might imagine considering its a CB. Let me know what you've got; all PM's answered.

Riis

10. Mikeeltoro

Mikeeltoro

Apr 10, 2005
    Woodbridge, NJ
    thanks. Gary is sick. I love his signature EXP165s. lol.

someone buy this bass before i give my chick a reason to leave me!

11. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

You know, I've got this really nice Peavey Millennium Plus 5. Hipshot hardware, Trans blue. Plays great. Light weight.

All it needs is a case.......:D

Bump for a private joke!

dcr

12. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    dcr who?!? Peavey what?!? In case you've forgotten, I have the case in question. I'm gonna take a hammer and blowtorch to that mofo when this thing is over. For those out of the loop: UPS managed to "explode" a Peavey Millenium 5 hardshell case. Luckily, the Mill 5 survived unscathed. Doug has the bass, I have what remains of the case. Life is grand.

Riis

13. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Of course, if you wanted the Millennium 5 back to put it in the brand new case you'll eventually get from UPS:p:p:p

I could be persuaded to trade for that CB.

Maybe.

Again!:D

Unless, of course, if you already have enough Peaveys!

dcr

14. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

***PLEASE NOTE -- SPECIAL INFO INSIDE***

Greetings all!

I just got a call from Riis' wife. Riis had a heart attack this morning, followed by angioplasty and surgery to implant two stints. He's fine and walking around and recovering nicely -- but grumpy -- and obviously away from his computer. So he's not avoiding any of you with unanswered PMs, just currently somewhat preoccupied. Please be patient. I'm sure that he will return all PM's and questions concerning the CB Bass as soon as possible.

Funny, when I noticed this morning that he hadn't replied or returned my PMs, I just knew something was up. Little did I know.

GET WELL SOON RIIS! We'll see you soon back here on TalkBass.

:bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:

dcr

15. Oh wow! Yeah bro, get well! I'll be praying for you and your family. Take it easy man.

16. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH

Man sorry to hear that...

Get well Riis.

17. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Yes, Sentara Virginia Beach Hospital gave me an early release for good behavior. Thanks one-and-all for the kind words. I'm in a bit of a fog (more so than usual) but should be up to speed within a few days.

Riis

18. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Okay, I think I've answered all the outstanding PM's. I appreciate everyone's patience!

Medicated and on the mend...

Riis

19. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    What'll you take for the argyle socks? Trades?

20. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Nice bass. Take it easy Riis.

Marshall