1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT Feeler: Dakota Red Sadowsky Jazz - light - or may a Sadowsky 5 Tokyo Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Memphaustralian, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Possible Bass A: http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/4915.html

Just got this just the other day from BKadet (thanks!). And I love the sound. As he stated, it could do with a setup, but looks way better than i had hoped and sounds amazing!

BUT

I have 3 jazz bases, two of which are sadowskys, so may get rid of one in order to attain one of the fine-ass Moderns I've seen around here lately, or a P or P/J by Sadowsky or Alleva.

I am still not sure about which of my babies I would let fly the coup.
    But will put more pics of the Tokyo up later, there are enough pics from sadowsky

Bass B: Pics (next post) include a certificate with details

2. Attached Files:

3. 2 PM's back atchas. Both basses available while I ponder options.

4. I had a couple of queries about selling outright. I would take exactly $2505 (added TK's setup costs....my goodness it is worth it) + shipping for the NYC and $1750 plus shipping for the tokyo. Not a single cent less as I am enjoying them enough and would only go and buying something else anyway.

5. in response to PM's;

5'er Tokyo is surprisingly approx 4.6kg with the fatass+bass-fatass measurement on my scales. Always thought it was light as I can play it for hours. The 4 is about 3.6-3.7Kg with the same method (backed up by Roger's site - 3.7kg).

And I have had some great offers, it's probably best if I avoid anything > 34" scale.

Thanks for all the interest so far!

6. Lots of photos at the end of this album. Dang these are pretty. I will include cosmetically imperfect yet 100% functional sadowsky soft/hard case with either. Won't budge on price, but will listen to any sort of trade offer. Some things I noted, fully cranked the g string seems to overload on the tokyo some times, i dont know if this is normal over drive or something wrong. I can skype or i chat for u to listen if you want. but over all beautiful instruments. slight bump near the head of the D string which i really had to look hard to find. but looks great.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Memphaustralian/MyGear#

7. taking all my basses to TK the local guitar guru for setups tomorrow. I will add whatever TK charges to the price, or can hold off if anyone is interested in doing their own set ups

Thanks for the interest

8. Took my 4 stringer's to TK. So my tokyo is still here for me to play, but big red (and my AC) are in for a setup. :)

9. havent had a PM for 24 hours ... anyone got interesting trade offers?

10. anything?

11. J Hud

J Hud

Feb 18, 2006
    DFW
    PM sent

12. If my car didn't need a new suspension and a whole lot of other things (and there wasn't a wedding and honeymoon to pay for), I'd be all over the Tokyo Jazz. Good luck with the sales man!

13. Oh my goodness, just got the red Sadowsky from tk and he setup the pickups, neck, action, etc the way I wanted them...it plays and sounds so so much better. Best $120 I ever spent getting the AC and this setup

14. Jato

Jato

Nov 2, 2000
    Any interest in a Pedulla MVP 5 in Blue Green with OHSC for that 5 Sadowsky?

S.
    j

15. Alright team TB, I have moved one place down the list on the red sadowsky :)

If it is taken I am taking my other jazzes off the list. Looks like I lost my original thread with the AC too, but that's off the market if the sadowsky sells

16. Looks like I am going to have to say goodbye to my Sadowsky 4 y'all :(

Thanks for the offers and all, this baby will be going to Washington pending clearance of an echeck!!!

Alleva Coppolo is off the market. Tokyo 5 is off the market for now, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.