SOLD FT feeler: Dano '63 Long Scale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JoeDaddio, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeDaddio

JoeDaddio Supporting Member

EDIT: 5/21/12: After a search on here for prices, I'll start at [del]$300[/del] $250 shipped and insured with a gig bag for a straight up sale.

I will take PayPal.

First PM saying they want it at that price gets it!

Just trying to see what I can get for this guy. I've never played her outside of the house (the poor thing!).

This thing is a lifesaver if you've got back problems.

Interested in basses of a similar value (I'm looking for a straight swap, ideally), though I don't have anything in particular in mind.

I would prefer a local sale as I don't have a HS case to ship her in and have not shipped a lone bass before. Though, if you're really interested and have something I like and want to coach me through the process of packing and shipping it I'm sure I'll be persuaded.

The *only* thing I see myself adding money to the deal would be if you've got a Fender J body and P neck you're looking to rid yourself (No hardware. Looking to complete a project).

I may decide to keep the bass, so please don't be offended if I don't take anyone up on the offer. :)

As far as problems: there really aren't many. The "binding" around the body is tape and it is wrinkled/coming up in some places, which seems to be common to these basses.

It's a wonderful sounding, light, interesting, fun bass. Lots of tone and character from this guy. My P bass gets gigged, however, and this guy just sits around.

The is the only pic I have available right now, but I can take more tonight if there's interest:

[​IMG]

Cheers,

joe

2. Pretty.

3. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Take it out and play it a few times-it's a very cool bass with three really cool tones.

4. JoeDaddio

If I don't get any interest I might take it to practice and see how it works out :bassist:

joe

5. Dano is my most favorite brand of bass.
    I'm sure that bass sounds delicious and if I had money or anything for trade I would jump all over that.

6. jbossolo

jbossolo

Sep 22, 2011
    How bout a trade for some "dead presidents"?

7. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I'll trade you my Italia Imola 5 string, it's a five string, it's a copy of the ampeg bass. I live in Tustin, California. Orange County

8. JoeDaddio

That sure is a funky looking bass!

Unfortunately I'm a 4 string guy, otherwise that'd be tempting. Also tempting that you live right up the street from me (I'm in Orange)!

I'll keep this in mind, for sure, but I have a hard enough time finding my way around 4 strings ;)

joe

9. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    yea, if I thought a three string bass was easier I would be playing it...

10. I have one exactly like this and I LOVE IT! It sits on display at arms length from my couch in my living room right next to my '63 VOX Bass Combo. SWEET BASS!

11. JoeDaddio

Another day, another bump!

Also: my Paypal account was confirmed so it should be good to go if anyone wants to buy!

Cheers,

joe

12. JoeDaddio

"Locals only" discount: If you can meet me somewhere in OC this bass can be yours for $225!

joe

13. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NY
    I've got some interest! Only thing I have to trade would be the body of a MIM FSR Fender P, natural, tort guard, Fender 60's P pups. Pm if that's something you'd be interested in.
    Thanks.

14. JoeDaddio

If it were a J body we might be be on to something!

thanks for the interest, though I think I'll have to pass.

Cheers,

joe

15. JoeDaddio

Monday afternoon bump!

joe

16. swsmusic

swsmusic

Sep 23, 2010
    Newnan, GA
    Any chance for more photographs?

Thanks in advance!

17. JoeDaddio

Sure thing, man. I'll grab some tonight and post em up tomorrow.

joe

18. JoeDaddio

Bass has been sold (off TB)

joe

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.