1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FT Feeler, F Bass BN5 Black Ceruse / Flamed Maple for Modern Jazz type 5, maybe a 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lowendmafia, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Okay, so I guess I was not specific enough in my first thread, so here we go again...

I generally keep one spot in my bass arsenal open to trade so I
    can check out different gear, but I have worsening elbow problems and need to keep with what is comfortable. I got this bass on trade from Tommy Gilstrap and I am in love with just about everything about it, however I am not entirely sure that it will work with my elbow situation.

I am going to be highly selective with trade options but what I really need is a 5 string active jazz bass. Other offers may be considered as I need a good tenor 4 as well. Any trade offer must have a 3 band preamp. I would really, really love a Mike Lull M5, M5V or just about anything Lull makes (as long as it is active). I know there are many great bass companies out there, but I am only interested in Jazz style basses. I have a few really good offers that are still being considered, but the more the merrier as they say.

While I see what my options are, I am going to keep trying to get my elbow used to this bass as I am in love with just about everything about it. Rather than write a bunch of stuff about a bass that I have had only a few weeks, I would rather refer you to BassDepot's thread, as he described it much better than I ever could.

PICS and a great description here!! (LINK FIXED)
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500837&highlight=black+ceruse

Please note that this bass is a player's bass but there are no injuries that affect playability.

2. Jakeahearts

Jakeahearts Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Seattle
    You have PM

3. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    PMs returned, great offers so far... it is going to be a tough decision. Anyone else???

4. PM Sent

5. PM sent. *Crosses Fingers.*

6. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Wow, there are some great offers on the table, way more than with any other bass I have had up for trade. I guess that means that I am crazy, but my elbow is of grave concern at the moment... Anyway, just letting anyone who has made an offer and to those who may make more, that I will be on the road Monday and Tuesday but should be able to get to my PMs Monday night. So, if I don't get back to you right away, I will as soon as possible. I generally respond to all PMs, even if I am not interested.

7. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    I just drove 750 miles, and all the way through Utah :atoz:, I am too tired to get to my PMs tonight but will get back to everyone tomorrow. Thanks.

8. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Post Arizona Bump :oops:

9. I've got a Mike Lull M5V with Bart pickups with no poles showing, Bart 3-Band Pre with switchable hi or low mid EQ, VTC, it's black with black pickguard with birdseye maple fretboard, knobs are all chrome, not the usual vintage black, made for Adrian Garcia as well. I bought it from Adrian a few years back. Even 9 lbs on the button.

It's also a players bass. There are little grooves worn out in the pickup covers from digging in on the funky tunes, a couple small chrome pits on the bridge, and small ding on the body near the under side of the bridge where my cable whipped around and gave it a ding. Other than that it's really in great shape. 8/10.

I'm not sure I want to part with her, but I've always wanted to try an Fbass. And I love the black/maple fretboard look. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give it some more thought. Sorry, no pics at the moment. If you're really interested I'll track down a camera.

Cheers!

10. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Thanks Scott, I would love to see some pics.

11. lrhew

lrhew

Dec 8, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
  12. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Thank you to everyone who offered me a trade, the decision was hard, but I was able to get exactly what I was looking for. :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.