1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FT feeler- Peavey Forum 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lucas G, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Lucas G

Lucas G

Jan 14, 2007
    masury, OH
    ***okay, this started out as a feeler post a while back. i re-evaluated the bass, dug it again for a week, but i just can not stop playing my bongo. so, it's up for sale for real now.

$400. would like to keep it local if possible (youngstown, OH/pittsburgh, PA, even cleveland or columbus OH is cool.)

here is the original post, minus the 'trade feeler' parts:

man, i do this too often... i GAS for a 5 string, buy a 5 string, can't get used to a 5 string, and then get rid of a 5 string, only to do the same thing next year or so.

i picked up this nice peavey forum 5 like a little over a month ago. well, two weeks after that, i ended up with a bongo and haven't really messed with it too much since. this past weekend i tried to fall in love with it again and couldn't- the bongo has me in its grip too hard. so, rather than have it collect dust, i figure someone might dig it. i was really psyched on it, then came the crazy deal on the bongo. you know how that goes.

i had never seen one of these before i picked this one up. it's like a '97 or so. 35" scale, 18v active preamp. USA made. transparent purple, mighty heavy. this bass is REALLY clean, plays nice, sounds nice. some pickguard scratches are about it for wear, and they are just regular old pickguard scratches- nothing crazy. i do not have a case for this bass.

here are some pics, if anyone wants more, let me know.

peavey1.

peavey2.

peavey3.

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I have heard this model compared to a Music Man, what does it sound like?

3. Lucas G

Lucas G

Jan 14, 2007
    masury, OH
    i have heard the same. i am relatively new to music man stuff and don't really know enough to make that claim for myself. it sounds pretty big though- i can attest to that. i was trying to get more of a 'stoner rock' sound out of it. tonight, i will see if i can squeeze a MM sound out of it by favoring the bridge pickup. it does have a big old active humbucker in the right place.

4. The Peavey Forum 5 is a great bass if you don't mind the weight. At 11 pounds, mine actually weighs more than my T-40!

5. From the pickup locations it looks like it would sound like an active Foundation.

lowsound

6. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    PMed!

7. Lucas G

Lucas G

Jan 14, 2007
    masury, OH
    bump because i decided to sell it after all.

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    PM coming.